RAILEX 2016

David Bigcheeseplant

I think David and team need congratulating on managing to get advertising for RAILEX on the BBC. Today's South Today showed quite a good piece stating 3000 plus visitors to RAILEX giving the location and a on-board video of the Aylesbury layout...

That will probably lead to the place being full to bursting point. And loads more "flashers".

Hello All

Here are a couple of photo taken earlier this evening during setup, by one of our Club members on his phone, he apologises for the poor quality.

The first photo shows Aylesbury LNWR is closest to the camera.

post-7053-0-21931100-1464375556_thumb.jpg

The next photo shows Clutton on the right and on the left is the back of London Road.

post-7053-0-80187900-1464375660_thumb.jpg

Hope to see some of you tomorrow.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Hello All

Here are a photo taken a few minutes ago, by one of our Club members on his phone, he apologises again for the poor quality.

post-7053-0-28308700-1464424640_thumb.jpg

Just under an hour before we open the doors!

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Just home as well. Got a parking space at 1130 although the car park was pretty full. Whilst busy, I didn't think it was too packed inside. I'd have said the nice side of busy so that you had to wait a bit but could get to the front quickly and easily. You could chat to the operators without feeling bad when you moved off (as I have done at some quieter shows).

Some excellent layouts and nice trade mix I thought. Clutton is excellent - it's the details like the tractor trails on the crossing and the cambered track plus the signalling and operating system. Sydney Gardens has beautiful scenery and is good for watching the trains go by. Dentdale's viaducts are splendid with lovely details to observe. London Road is always a pleasure and a treat to see Aylesbury.

I liked the O gauge American shed too - Big Boys are quite something...

David

Congratulations to David and members of the R&DMRC - a superb show; an excellent range of layouts in scale, era, gauge and geography. Probably the best mix I have seen and all of a high standard.

Hello All

Here are a couple of photos I took from the balcony around the end of lunch time.

post-7053-0-19449800-1464464086_thumb.jpg

post-7053-0-12954300-1464464114_thumb.jpg

We are getting low on programmes, so if you want one tomorrow you better snap one up quick.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Well I got home at midnight last night, after the social bash!

It was very busy yesterday but not rammed.

Thanks for all comments I think we got most things right and I was pleased on how the show was laid out, I spend quite a bit of time trying to get the flow between layouts and traders right and it worked well.

David

And hopefully those who are going today are there so I don't spoil it for them..
Video (Sorry its so long) I think I missed 2 layouts out from checking.
Photo's I am currently going through... the good the bad and the ugly ones..
https://www.flickr.com/gp/bluebellmodelrailway/16TY3S
(Most images are now uploaded)

Great show as always, and well done to those who organised, and ran the event, good standard of layouts and trades as per normal.

• RMweb Gold

Just back and a great show I thought.

My first time at Railex and aiming to go back next year.

Primarily went to see Wibdenshaw on its final outing but lots of other great layouts there too plus good trade and nice to bump into a few peeps I know for a catch up.

Well done Team Railex :good:

Went today andwas very impressed by the quality of layouts and trade Aylesbury was most impressive and heard several people pointing out were they used to live plus it was good to see many couples with the other half not looking bored.Clutton was most impressive and Blackwell Brewery ,Coldfair Green were inspirational with their detail and quality buildings and rolling stock.Thank you David and team for a brilliant show  looking forward to next year also met some old friends so a good day out.

Hello

Thankyou all for you kind words about the show.

The Awards at Railex 2016 are as follows:

Best Layout: Aylesbury LNWR by Geoff Williams and exhibited by Risborough & District Model Railway Club, as judged by the other layouts at the exhibition.

Best Model: Back Scene on Mark Fielder's layout "An Clár" as judged by Iain Rice.

Photos of the presentations can be found on our Club website using the below link:

http://www.rdmrc.org.uk/Railex2016/Awards2016.html

I will add more details as I obtain them.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Well Railex is over for another year, I have not had the final figures, but it seemed we had a very good year if not the best in regard to visitors. Sunday seemed very busy almost like a normal Saturday and the show seemed busy until later in the afternoon when it started to thin out a bit.

A bit thank you to everyone who made it happen. and I hope those who did attend enjoyed themselves.

David

Well done to the organisers of Railex2016. First time I have managed to get to the show - really enjoyed it. This may seem strange thing to say but I was came away satisfied that I spent money on lots of bits and pieces that I needed - bar a book my shopping list of a dozen detail items and tools was complete. The layouts were excellent and is great to see many that have appeared in MRJ etc in the flesh. Wibendshaw and Clutton were very watchable for different reasons. 2mmfs track work and modelling is awesome. :)

Best Model: Back Scene on Mark Fielder's layout "An Clár" as judged by Iain Rice.

A splendid choice, a simple scene but one of the highlights of the show for me. Well done Mark. :)

An_Clar.jpg

• RMweb Gold

This was the first exhibition that I've attended in almost two years, apart from the Members Days in Taunton, and I had a really good time. My main objective was achieved, namely catching up with the many friends that I knew would be there on the Sunday.

An unexpected bonus was the finding of my Number 1 most wanted second-hand railway book on the Hudson stand, namely The Railways of South Wales, Volume 5!

Archived