In my garage I have an oldish electric organ. I guess it is 18-24 " long. It is hard cased I.e. wooden construction not a plastic case. The top half of the box hinges with 2 clips and two securing buckle thingies. The folding legs are still in place as is the keyboard gubbins etc.

I think it would make a great basis for a micro model especially as the base alone is quite deep with space for a layout and storage. The lid is also deep giving more storage and layout space.

If anyone is interested please message me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yesterday I fetched the said item out of the garage. It would certainly make a good N scale layout......... but I have decided maybe it will make a good work station storage for materials.

I unscrewed the keyboard assemblage and removed it. Underneath was a motor and removing this revealed a fan. Replacing this temporarily and also upside down means that the prospective workstation has a built in turntable for spraying purposes. The legs of the organ are a little flimsy perhaps but the workstation could be placed on a table unless I come up with sturdier legs.

What was the top of the organ will become the base now as it has more storage capability and will be easier to adapt and fit out.

Archived