1:87 scale cars.....and can you identify this vehicle?

Hey,

I've been designing 1:87 scale Indian trains over the last 8 months, I do have a plan to make a layout or rather a diorama/layout combo. However I need a few cars and other vehicles to add also.

To my luck, India has seen a huge increase in the sales of foreign cars and other vehicles so it's worked in my favour.

I'm looking to add the following cars to my layout (ones that I think will be off the shelf models) which are a common sight these days in India....
- Audi A4
- Audi A6
- Audi Q5
- Audi Q7
- BMW 3 series
- BMW 5 series
- BMW X3
- Jaguar XF
- Mercedes-Benz C Class
- Mercedes-Benz E Class
- Mercedes-Benz S Class
- Suzuki Swift
- Volkswagen Polo
- Volkswagen Vento
- Volkswagen Jetta
- Volkswagen Passat
- Volvo S60

- Volvo B7R Low-Floor City Bus
- Mercedes-Benz TN Van (UPDATED)

I'd also like someone to identify this Mercedes-Benz van used in the UK. In India we have a very similar one called the "Tempo Traveler" So it would be nice if a 1:87 scale model is available for that.
post-21774-0-96027900-1436240903.jpg

I'd be 3D printing stuff like buses, auto-rickshaws, cycle rickshaws, hand rickshaws cars like (Wagon-R, 800, etc.....

Thanks in advance.
JBM.

I'd also like someone to identify this Mercedes-Benz van used in the UK. In India we have a very similar one called the "Tempo Traveler" So it would be nice if a 1:87 scale model is available for that.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

That's a 208 in the uk.

Dave

I think if you have a look through the European 1/87 vehicle manufacturers ranges (the likes of Wiking, Herpa, Brekina, Busch etc) then the majority of those vehicles (especially the German originating ones) should be available.

Herpa does versions of that style of van (search on "vario") as do Wiking (search on "207").

attachicon.gif1.jpg

That's a 208 in the uk.

Dave

It would be a 410D - the 200 and 300 series only had single rear wheels.

Yes, that's right. As a matter of interest, the Amby as they are known is based on the Morris Oxford Series III so is there any HO scale models of these?

Not quite!

The Brekina Morris Minor is probably closest. All full list of available H0 scale "British" road vehicles is available from http://www.british-ho.com/

See "Road Vehicles" then "Cars" - hopefully that may help.

Cheers,

John E.

Walthers is great for searching in English, I'm not sure where you're based, but if you are in Europe I'd suggest not ordering items from European manufacturers from them as it'll cost you much more than going direct!

Skip that - viewing on a computer rather than a tablet I can see your location, and yep Walthers is a decent place to search if you're stateside. 

Archived