Invicta Model Rail Announce N Gauge RTC Trib Van

Andy Y

NEWS RELEASE: Invicta Model Rail Announce N Gauge RTC Trib Van

Invicta_Trib.jpg

Invicta Model Rail, Sidcup, Kent, is pleased to announce our first Graham Farish N Gauge Limited Edition, produced exclusively for us by Bachmann Europe PLC. For our first release are producing the RTC Tribology Van, in the ever popular RTC red & blue livery. 

373-050Z  35 TON VBA BOX VAN BR RESEARCH DIVISION BLUE & RED
RRP £14.95 Release Early 2016           

Brief History
999900 started life as a COV-AB, and was used for high speed suspension testing, when it was known as HSFV5. After the tests had finished, the van was fitted out for use in the RTC Tribology train, usually marshalled between RTC coaches 975046 & 975076, and was the train’s instrument recording vehicle. The 'Trib Train' was used to investigate the problem of low friction between wheel and rail known as adhesion. The real 999900 had no brakes, and end gangway connections (not featured on the model)

Available By Calling On 0208 302 7774 
or On Line at www.invictamodelrail.com

Brief History

999900 started life as a COV-AB, and was used for high speed suspension testing, when it was known as HSFV5. After the tests had finished, the van was fitted out for use in the RTC Tribology train, usually marshalled between RTC coaches 975046 & 975076, and was the train’s instrument recording vehicle. The 'Trib Train' was used to investigate the problem of low friction between wheel and rail known as adhesion. The real 999900 had no brakes, and end gangway connections (not featured on the model)

Actually, the van did have brakes. The "No Brakes" legend referred to the continuous train brake in which the van took no part. The van brakes could be applies separately during the course of testing to see when adhesion broke down and wheel sliding occurred. The small writing below the "No Brakes" says "Test brakes on this vehicle may be operated at any time".

• RMweb Premium

COV-AB just means that it's a covered, air-braked vehicle (i.e. a van with air-brakes). It's not a specific code for the VDA (or VAA, VBA or VCA for that matter).

999900 was converted from a VBA which has been in the Farish catalogue for years.

A VDA from Farish would be nice though....

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Same here, very helpful staff  assisted in taking my money today for  RTC van, and in post today I was told.

Along with 24 and electra sides a very modelable colourful short train possible.  I have some etched sides part built and the vinyl sided offering from Adam at electra so should be able to upgrade if only time to finish coaches, but at least I now have 50% of the train

Robert    

Archived