News/ Retailer commissions

Hi

I know it is all to easy to moan about change, so please do not take this as just another whinge for the sake of it.

I think the news forum area is a good idea as it makes finding new info easy, however the new retailer commissions section is a bit unnecessary and I preferred how commissions were included in the individual manufacturer section.

It seems to me that the extra forums just mean that there are extra menus to navigate making it a more long winded process.

Hopefully this won't be seen as a whinge about change more as constructive feedback.

Thanks

Nik

The "Retailer Commissions" section is an obvious and I think welcome development. For exclusive models (as opposed to reliveries of existing models) it addresses (or sidesteps depending on your perspective) the question of who is ultimately responsible for the model - the retailer or the contracted traditional manufacturer?

Some of them (Kernow and Hattons in particular) are reaching the stage where they can almost be considered manufacturers in their own right. Look how much of the design and development is either in house or directly contracted - the Hattons King thread is a good example, the traditional 'manufacturer' (Dapol, Bachmann, DJM etc) are effectively an intermediary or subcontractor. That's not to dismiss their contribution BTW - it's their contacts with the factories in China that ultimately makes it all happen...

Archived