Some London Underground Pictures.

Evening All,

I have just added some pictures taken on the London Underground to Flickr. These cover the Waterloo & City Line and the Central Line. If anyone would like to have a look, this is the first one in the Photostream : 

Alternatively, they can be found in the album together with some pictures that I added earlier :

As a P.S. to yesterday's post, can anybody tell me what a Standard Stock DM is doing stuck on a piece of isolated track at Epping?  I have just noticed that it appears to have a cab at each end; was this usual?  I don't remember seeing any like that that in the days when I used to commute in them, but that was on the Piccadilly Line.

It's Ex Acton Works shunter L11

It used to look like this in 1977. Two Standard stock motor cars cut in half and glued back to back.

Thanks folks.  And you can't see the join;  Arthur Daley would be delighted!

There's another thread on here from last year when I was working on the roof of L11 at Epping and was seeking information. The original Epping - Ongar railway preservation society leased the old Epping signal cabin prior to purchasing that line from LUL. In dubious circumstances their bid was rejected and the line sold to an individual intent on profiting from property development, so the enthusiasts reformed to purchase a 1960 Cravens unit that had run on the line. As Craven Heritage Trains Ltd they also purchased a 1962 tube stock unit for preservation, and when L11 was rejected by the LT Museum at Acton they offered to save it from scrapping. Wet weather and winter curtailed my finishing the roof last year and I'm now keeping to 1/76 scale. Anyone interested in carrying on with the work can contact the group on Facebook.

Archived