Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

I've no idea how you do it, even in small doses!

It was all but a bare baseboard this morning and look at it now.

Unbelievable.

Award yourself at least 10 gold stars.

11 gold stars I think - my Marshall goes up to 11......

(I'm sure you'll understand that bit Andy!)

I love the clothes pegs holding up the backscene- never seen that method before

Cheers Guys, Yes I think it was Pete Townsend that went to Jim Marshall and said, Every Amp goes to 10, I want one that goes to ELEVEN, and so Jim just re numbered the facia Panel.

As for the Clothes pegs, well they hold the Backscene level between releasing them to turn the boards over to work underneath. Once all the work underneath is complete I will level the backscenes up and fix them properly.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

So...to go off railways for a second...you guys are also musicians ? :music:

One of the things I have been surprised to learn on RMweb is just how many mature chaps have musical tendancies, including collecting guitars. Not me - I am content to let others make music, thanks!

• Like 1

So...to go off railways for a second...you guys are also musicians ? :music:

One of the things I have been surprised to learn on RMweb is just how many mature chaps have musical tendancies, including collecting guitars. Not me - I am content to let others make music, thanks!

Cheers Guys, Yes George T and I have had a couple of Bands, the first was a Shadows Tribute Band that never really got that far, then we had the G-TAP Blues Band, (George Tait / Andy Peters), then George moved away so I formed the Silvertones with some other Guys on the South Coast doing mainly 60's Rock and Roll.

• Like 2

The Motley Crew, (good name for a Band, hahhahah) that INVADED the Nottingham Show today,

L to R we have; John Edge / Alenhegy1600, Mike / not on R M Web, Peter / PeterBB, George / GeorgeT, Jeff / Binny. and my good self. Unfortunately Clive Mortimer did not get there in time for the Photo Shoot.

post-9335-0-63200100-1457891344_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

The Motley Crew, (good name for a Band, hahhahah) that INVADED the Nottingham Show today,

L to R we have; John Edge / Alenhegy1600, Mike / not on R M Web, Peter / PeterBB, George / GeorgeT, Jeff / Binny. and my good self. Unfortunately Clive Mortimer did not get there in time for the Photo Shoot.

attachicon.gifNottingham 2016 Mar 13th 001.JPG

Sorry Mr P I did not know I had to be there by a certain time for the photo...............I got there in time for Andy to buy me a cuppa :imsohappy:

It was a good day out.

• Like 6

Some nice allotments on Farringdon, Bodge. Has it set you thinking?

Allotments yes Jonathan, but also the simple un-cluttered nature of the Layout as a whole, I cant change Pen into that without doing away with the Dairy and the deep cutting, but its certainly very inspirational.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Allotments yes Jonathan, but also the simple un-cluttered nature of the Layout as a whole, I cant change Pen into that without doing away with the Dairy and the deep cutting, but its certainly very inspirational.

Here we go again!

That word "can't" does not seem to apply to Pencarne.

Morning George, it certainly was a good day and I see your now LAYOUTLESS AGAIN :O I'm just off outside to work out what I'll be doing today, and then up to the Timber Merchants to collect my White Faced MDF that I ordered Saturday for the Back Scene in front of the Windows.

• Like 3

I wonder why everybody keeps calling it 'Farringdon' - is it misspelt on the layout or in the programme or does everyone come from London?  The name of the place is 'Faringdon' - only one 'R' so not like the one in London.

Go Blimey Guvnor your bleedin right, just re checked the Program, I was actually thinking of the one in Ampsher, you know the one, its near the Watercress Line.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I made the mistake of showing my wife the photo in post #2281.

She ran out of my study screaming.

All I could make out was something like "they all look the same"  . . . .  "God help me!!!"

Are we really all that similar??

• RMweb Premium

Having convinced my wife to come out of the locked bathroom she managed to explain her hysteria was based on the firm believe that all model rail enthusiasts obviously end up looking the same.  Gentlemen you can either take that as a compliment or an insult.

Being (only) 53 I am still making up my mind.  I must say mentioning the musical interest did not calm her down either.

This hobby obviously engenders some negative stereotypes.

• RMweb Gold

Go Blimey Guvnor your bleedin right, just re checked the Program, I was actually thinking of the one in Ampsher, you know the one, its near the Watercress Line.

I really ought to know as my mum went to grammar school there - she lived in Uffington so sometimes going on the train but more often on her bike.

• Like 1