Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

Work has alrready started on Pens replacement, Track is going down, (Peco's New Bull Head) and a thread will be started once I've setteled on a suitable name and the Track is laid, wired and working.

Heres a teaser, this is with some old Code 100 Track just laid lose to gauge the final look.

post-9335-0-61964000-1488035838_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Work has alrready started on Pens replacement, Track is going down, (Peco's New Bull Head) and a thread will be started once I've setteled on a suitable name and the Track is laid, wired and working.

Heres a teaser, this is with some old Code 100 Track just laid lose to gauge the final look.

Track Plan First look 003 - Copy.JPG

Wish I had the space to have a nice long 'scenic stretch in the countryside like you have there - looks like a winner already...

attachicon.gifTrack Plan First look 003 - Copy.JPG

That is nice . Really nice. Don't know why but I'm thinking Castle Cary. It must be that lovely rural feel. 37 on a rake of 4 wouldn't look out of place on a bucket and spade special. You've got me reminiscing now. Used to go to the Horse Ponds inn regularly when the 37s did the Bristol - Weymouths.

Sorry never got around this week. The weather ruined my plans somewhat. Will get around soon though mate.

Cheers

Marcus

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifTrack Plan First look 003 - Copy.JPG

Good god Andy, no name but already the scenery is well underway! :) This virtual modelling lark is great isn't it!!

Looks good mate, well done on getting nominated for the awards.

Rich

• RMweb Premium

Congrats on your nomination Andy and the votes you received were well deserved. Pencarne was a masterpiece and I look forward to seeing this new version develop. The first picture looks very promising.

^^^ What he said.

Morning Steve, Duncan, Marcus, Rich, Andy and Rick, I'm really looking forward to getting to the stage where I feel I can comfortably start the new thread for the Pen replacement. I have a plan, I have the Stock, and I have the inspiration, the only thing I dont have yet is a descent name for it. Things like Trecarne came to mind as it will probably be set around the Bodmin area again, although really anywhere were the GWR and SR could meet would work. So for example Winchester, Reading, Dorset, Plymouth, Exeter are all areas that I could pick, but the only stipulation is that it needs to be Rural.

More Track laying today, in between short running sessions on Kingsford, North Yard and Depot.

• Like 1

It might be just me, but I think the GWR and SR met as far north as Cheltenham, if you include where the M&SWJR met the GWR Banbury/Stratford to Cheltenham lines.

(And you needn't go far away from the centre of Cheltenham to enter rural landscape)

SVRlad

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Congrats on a great article in RM Andy

Thanks Andy, My copy hasn't arrived yet, but apparently there is a portion of Text missing at the end, but until mine arrives I'm not sure what's missing yet.

Layout naming is usually a personal thing.  One is reminded of a holiday or a certain picture which has been lurking at the back of ones mind.  It is fairly easy to come up with an original, look up on an atlas or area map to see local names.  Cornwall is easy; stick Tre, Pol or Pen in front and you have a Cornish locale.  For the rest of rural UK, add ton, or field or perhaps mouth depending on where it is  Something church or newton might be an alternative.  Or you can just use an actual name in the vicinity to be modelled.  Whatever it will be it appears to be off to a good start!

Brian.

• Like 1

The last bit started "I'll close with another old......."

I'm sure its the bit where you tell us how you get so much done, on so many layouts, in so little time!

TONY

Thanks Tony.

My last paragraph was written as; Pencarne has been fun to Build and operate, but time moves on and a new project beckons, so as they say, watch this space.

So maybe Steve has re written a bit and it's not come out, he is re doing the end bit next Month.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see it in the Modeller. I noticed it ended short. From my time as editor the software I used you enter the text and created a space for it to fill. If you made a change such as adjusting the shape and size of a photo or changing some words in the middle of the text it could cause there not to be enough space for all the text and the end bit wouldn't show on the page. If you spotted it you would adjust things if not the missing bit would just be missing.

Don

Bought my copy today Andy.  The 800th RM - jeeze, that makes me feel old.  Anyway, I'm saving mine for my hols next week so I look forward to reading the article then.

Regards,

Brian.