Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Morning Guys, I liked the pic of the Old Ark Royal and Peter mentioned the little boy walking down the street so I had to go back to see him, how I missed him first time round I don't know but the Ship looks so impressive in white at night.

Not as much done as I hoped last night, I didn't go out till the evening and just managed to put in the droppers on the Main Station board, fit two more points and two of the three motors. I also put the 16V feed in for the fiddle yard points. This means the door way section will have the two track feeds and the two 16V AC feeds going across so a four way plug at each end.

attachicon.gif2008-ropley-34007-wadebridge.jpg

I also ordered the Nameplates and Numbers for West Country Wadebridge  / 34007, last night as Wilton arrived yesterday and will be re done. So now I have Plymouth, Westwood Ho, Wilton / Wadebridge, a Southern N Class and a Std 5MT in Black, for the Southern Service from Wadebridge to Pencarne and also on Plymouth Services Via the old GWR Route through Bodmin and  Liskard.

As the Western Region finished Steam early on the Main Line it will be mainly Hymek, Warship, Western 25's 47's, and 37's on both Goods and Passenger Services through Pencarne between Newquay / Bodmin / Pymouth etc. There will still be a limited Western Region Steam Service between Bodmin and Trewenn in the Hands of Panniers and Prairies plus 121 Railcars. 

The Beattie Well Tank is on order in Late Crest, but I might phone up Kernow tomorrow and take the British Railways Liveried one that they have in stock as it will be about £40 cheaper and I can always re Crest it at a later date if I so wish.

I'm out this morning but later I hope to finish the first basic wiring on the Station Board and door section, and then I can do the far end section later today, so may even have a Train running this week, I will then worry about the Goods Yard later. Trewenn will not be started until I'm sure that I don't need to expand the Storage yard from 6 roads to 8.

Andrew, if you're not sure whether you need 6 or 8 storage roads, then you definitely need 8.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Very realistic scene on your new layout above Andy. Like the subtle weathering on your WC. Track looks very realistic too, but the backscene looks rather contrived and not sure about that dead tree behind the loco.

And what's an A4 doing on the layout?

Hi Peter

Take a second look, I don't think it is Andy's layout. The sidings look like they haven't been lifted and moved in years. :O

Hi Peter

Take a second look, I don't think it is Andy's layout. The sidings look like they haven't been lifted and moved in years. :O

Cheeky Boy, I'll have you know that my sidings will be down permanent. :O  or at LEAST until there lifted and moved, :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  hahah

• Like 2

Andrew, if you're not sure whether you need 6 or 8 storage roads, then you definitely need 8.

Your probably right, the more I think about it the more I need,  I have a plan, do away with Trewenn and have the FULL 16 that I was going to have on Bitton.

Afternoon Andy,

As you know we're enjoying a holiday at the moment so no time to catch up, but I thought I should mention that this morning I received an e-mail from You Tube which had a link to some model railway show footage. It was a great surprise to see a mug shot of PeterBB operating your old Deesdale Road, followed by the torso of GeorgeT, recognisable by the badge on his striped top. Think it might have been at the GCR but not sure - quite an eye opener as I watched while eating my cornflakes! The layout looked lovely by the way.

Hope you're still enjoying your modelling and I will try to come up to date as the week proceeds,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 3

Afternoon Andy,

As you know we're enjoying a holiday at the moment so no time to catch up, but I thought I should mention that this morning I received an e-mail from You Tube which had a link to some model railway show footage. It was a great surprise to see a mug shot of PeterBB operating your old Deesdale Road, followed by the torso of GeorgeT, recognisable by the badge on his striped top. Think it might have been at the GCR but not sure - quite an eye opener as I watched while eating my cornflakes! The layout looked lovely by the way.

Hope you're still enjoying your modelling and I will try to come up to date as the week proceeds,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hi Jock, I have some footage of the GCR Event tat I have already listed and it can be found, along with many others including Jeff' (Physicsman) last running of Kirkby Luneside on Andy Peters Model Railways on You Tube.

• Like 1

Evening all, I've had quite a good day / afternoon today. I've managed to finish off the Station Board, Wire up the Door Lift out section and also fitted some plugs that will not only give me power to the Lift Out section but then on into the Storage Yard. I have used 2 x 4 way Male / / Female Plugs and this also aligns the boards and track ends so no other connections are needed.

post-9335-0-83916500-1437332184_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-73129000-1437332206_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-16321500-1437332218_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-81478500-1437332232_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Hi All, Well what a good morning, the final piece of the jigsaw has fallen into place and I have just had my first test run of both circuits. Bit boring I know at the moment but I needed to see if there were any major issues. Luckily there were no major ones, just a slight lifting over one rail joint on the lift out section, but that can soon be remedied.

SO HERE IS THE VIDEO

https://youtu.be/j4Vfa-bCJoQ

• Like 13

Hi Andy,

Video looks good mate! Must be great to get trains running again, I'm really please you've gone for hydraulics as I think they are the most charismatic of diesel locos!

I kept freeze framing your video to see whether you'd got a Gresley numbered wrongly as I thought it's second letter should be 'E' as in "W 1234 E".

Ahem! Then I realised it was a Hawksworth!!! D'oh, silly me!

Cheers,

John.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Bl**dy hell off web for a few days and you have got three pages further on. We were near Cardingham Woods just outside Bodmin for a couple of days you could hear the trains pull up from parkway sat in the van. No time to go wandering on the old railway lines this time. Before that we were at Lydford the old trackbed is now the Granite way cycle track.

Glad the railway is coming on nicely.

Don

• Like 2

FWIW I use hoods with steam too. I remember the hoods and (just) remember steam in Cornwall so the two go together. Rule 1 applies.

How do you get the diddly-dum Andy? Presumably metal wheels, but do you file notches every 60 scale feet? Good stuff, look forward to seeing this develop.

Ed

FWIW I use hoods with steam too. I remember the hoods and (just) remember steam in Cornwall so the two go together. Rule 1 applies.

How do you get the diddly-dum Andy? Presumably metal wheels, but do you file notches every 60 scale feet? Good stuff, look forward to seeing this develop.

Ed

Thanks Ed,

The Rails aren't notched yet, but will be later, its just the gaps left at the end of each Yard for expansion in the heat.

• Like 1