New manufacturer for HO and N models - ScaleTrains

Sorry to be asking again...but do they really have a facebook page? I seriously cannot find it. I tried the search bar, directly from their website and I've also tried accessing it via phone, laptop and desktop. Accessing their website is easy-peasy and no issues. Sadly through facebook it's not showing up.

Sorry to be asking again...but do they really have a facebook page? I seriously cannot find it. I tried the search bar, directly from their website and I've also tried accessing it via phone, laptop and desktop. Accessing their website is easy-peasy and no issues. Sadly through facebook it's not showing up.

The link works okay for me ........

Just how much does licensing affect what's available to US modellers? With both the loco manufacturers, and the railroads demanding license fees, it must add a huge amount to the cost of producing models. And, in the end, the modeller gets what the model manufacturer can afford and what he can sell at a realistic price, and that may not be the most popular locomotive type in the most popular RR paint scheme? Just curious. (CJL)

As far as I know there are no license fees to the railroads thanks to the legal battle MTH fought with UP about a decade ago (1).  There was briefly a time where any product with a UP owned paint scheme had a slightly higher retail price, but the lawsuit ended that.

Since that time the only time I can recall licensing being an issue was with a specific Amtrak scheme (phase V) where one company (Walthers) got exclusive use of it, but it wasn't a cost issue - this would be similar to the issue with Dapol and the class 59 paint schemes.

As for the loco manufacturers, haven't heard of any issues with them so if there is anything it hasn't become public.

The only case I am aware of where licensing is an issue, at least in HO, is from the car makers refusing accurate models to be made of their product lines.

http://www.toytrains1.com/blog/?p=4

Try using Firefox browser, some sites are having problems with the latest Windows Explorer.

The desktop one at least he is using Chrome, however the advice is still valid.  Try using Edge (the replacement for Internet Explorer in Windows 10) or Firefox.

You can also try searching for the error message Chrome is putting up for some ideas to try to fix the issue - try searching "chrome dns probe finished nxdomain" for some possible solutions.

The train show magazine is online and includes an article introducing the ScaleTrains.com team, with a brief bio of each of the 4 founders of the company:

http://www.trainfest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/PreshowEXPRESS_2015_FNL.pdf

From the article, they have penciled in over 50 models to produce between now and 2023.

Also, on Facebook they have announced that the Chief Photographer and the Director Public Relations for Norfolk Southern will both be at the ScaleTrains.com booth for 1 hour on Saturday, and they thank Norfolk Southern for their help in designing several upcoming models from ScaleTrains.com

• 4 weeks later...

Archived