How to Wire Cobalt-S and Cobalt Digital Point Motor

paulwdxb

Hi,

I'm trying to wire a DCCconcepts Cobalt-S switch to a Cobalt Digital (NOT ipDigital) point motor.

I don't want DCC control for the point motor (long story - newbie mistake basically). I have a separate 9v power bus (Cobalt PSU2+) for my point motors and other accessories.

I just want to use the Cobalt-S to switch the point.

I've tried understanding the DCCconcepts website and I'm afraid I'm obviously a bit of a dolt!  :scratchhead:

But..... I just can't get this to work.

Can someone point his newbie in the right direction. What cables do I take from the switch, to where on the motor? A diagram would be great, a step by step would be even better.

Help.

Cheers,

Paul

The older now obsolete Cobalt Digital works on both DCC and regulated 12 volts DC.

You would need to feed the regulated 12v DC into the Cobalt motor terminals 1 and 2. Then take a pair of wires from the Cobalts terminals 4 and 5 to the S levers connections 1, 2, 3. Connect one wire to the Com terminal 2. The other wire to terminal 1 and the a short wire link from 1 to 3.

Note with DC operation you cannot use terminal 3 to work the points frog. Use the motors switch contact for this if needed. e.g. Frog on 8 wires from rails on 6 & 7

Archived