Lanarkshire and Dunbartonshire Stations

Morning everyone

Inspired by the model of Kilbowie station at Model Rail Scotland I am trying to build my own model of a Lanarkshire and Dunbartonshire Railway Island Platform Station building, so I am looking for help with any drawings or photographs of the station buildings at Yoker Ferry, Scotstoun East or West or Whiteinch Riverside as these were narrower than Kilbowie and would fit in the site that I have. Coming up short in the usual sources such as Canmore and Railscot.  There are some photographs in the late George C O'Hara's books but they tend to be end-on views that don't show the sides of the station buildings.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA Jim Howie

The Caledonian railway association may be able to help as well. Their magazine The true line had a series of articles about the stations on the route. The April 2009 issue 109 covered whiteinch scotstoun and yoker. They may still have some back issues, there are no plans for the station building in it but there is a plan fir the bridge and plenty of photographs.

Kenny didn't have any plans but worked from photos however the building would have been to big for the layout so had to be shortened here is what he has done I think he has done a fantastic job of it. I think it looks great he may well end up getting a job building a few things for my new layout.

post-5114-0-25805700-1438211360_thumb.jpg

post-5114-0-01273400-1438211385_thumb.jpg

post-5114-0-16639500-1438211409_thumb.jpg

post-5114-0-09431100-1438211461_thumb.jpg

Hi Darrel - Cant thank you enough for these photographs, pass my compliments on to Kenny also, a brilliant piece of modelling, hope I can do something even approaching that, but it is exactly what I am hoping to build.  Thanks also to Rannoch Moor (Gus?) for the link to the Dumbarton Central photographs, also very useful.

I also ordered the "True Line" issue 109 and I am awaiting delivery.

Cheers

Jim

Archived