KERNOW TODAY

Mike, great shots but officially, 410 is BR green !! Its missing number happend when it had to be sent back to RVEL for rectifications following its overhaul.... !

Thanks Paul. So any chance of cast number plates do you think? Like some of the 57s have (had?).

Mike

Thanks Paul. So any chance of cast number plates do you think? Like some of the 57s have (had?).

Mike

Under our previous DM there were big plans to promote Long Rock in conjunction with the sleeper refurb. This included customising 410 and depot emblem on stock ( I did a folder worth of designs ), even naming the sleeper cars. Unfortunatlly, things have moved on; and not all for the better !!

• RMweb Gold

Under our previous DM there were big plans to promote Long Rock in conjunction with the sleeper refurb. This included customising 410 and depot emblem on stock ( I did a folder worth of designs ), even naming the sleeper cars. Unfortunatlly, things have moved on; and not all for the better !!

Sad to hear that innovative thinking and good ideas may have been ignored, Paul. Unfortunately the suits often get their own way with these things.

• RMweb Premium

I really envy you guys who live in Cornwall  you have access to such lovely countryside and interesting locations for shots ,please keep them coming especialy autumnal shots  thank you

Also of course it requires skilled and willing photographers.  Those who plan ahead, can get up before dawn, drive to the location, set up and hope for that perfect shot.  Those who know people and are able, in some cases, to access private land with permission to capture a view others cannot.

All that said there is nothing to stop anyone setting up a "Cumbria Today" or even a "Home Counties Today" thread in similar style.  There is interest and beauty just about everywhere.

Also of course it requires skilled and willing photographers.  Those who plan ahead, can get up before dawn, drive to the location, set up and hope for that perfect shot.  Those who know people and are able, in some cases, to access private land with permission to capture a view others cannot.

All that said there is nothing to stop anyone setting up a "Cumbria Today" or even a "Home Counties Today" thread in similar style.  There is interest and beauty just about everywhere.

True, but Cornwall is special!

Brian.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate touchscreen !! The old broccoli sidings have been lifted and a through road put in for stabling but there were issues in paying for new signaling so the barrier is being used for line protection

Sleeper and spare are being stabled there every Saturday night now until next year when work gets completed

Shunting and cleaning now a problem !! Only access to yard from west is either via fuel road or through shed.

• RMweb Gold

I hate touchscreen !! The old broccoli sidings have been lifted and a through road put in for stabling but there were issues in paying for new signaling so the barrier is being used for line protection

Sleeper and spare are being stabled there every Saturday night now until next year when work gets completed

Shunting and cleaning now a problem !! Only access to yard from west is either via fuel road or through shed.

Interesting!

Any chance of a photo or two and a quick sketch showing the new track layout, please Paul?

there were issues in paying for new signaling.

Interesting, I've just been polishing off the design for the resignalling at Penzance today, and I have heard anything about new signalling for the depot as part of the expansion, just a couple of stop boards reading into the Depot at the country end from Carriage Line and Old Bank (new signals will be provided at the London end as part of the Resignalling)

Simon