SWAG curry evening in Buckfastleigh

• RMweb Gold

Greetings all,

As some of you may know, I have been planning another SWAG curry evening at The Moguls Palace, Buckfastleigh - http://www.themogulspalace.com/

I have now booked a table and can confirm that this will be on Friday 14th August next, at 7pm.

This curry house (which is a former 'Little Chef' building - surely worth visiting for that alone??!!) offers excellent food and attentive service, and our previous SWAG evenings there have always been most enjoyable affairs.

The Mogul's Palace is situated right next to the A38 dual carriageway in Buckfastleigh, and is conveniently close to the South Devon Railway, for anyone wishing to indulge in a bit of pre-curry steam activity.

Whilst this is billed as a 'SWAG' event, it is, of course, open to anyone from RMWeb plus their guests. All I ask is that anyone who wants to come along kindly PMs me with names and numbers, so that I can reserve a bigger table if necessary!

Many thanks and I look forward to seeing you there!

• RMweb Premium

For us dip outs, can you post a pic or two as long as nobody objects to their visage being displayed. (if they do they could be asked to step aside for a couple of minutes?)

For once and ulike Fartbrook, pics of food may be acceptable.

Go on, you know you can airbrush yourself to look like a cool dude.

Quackers.

For us dip outs, can you post a pic or two as long as nobody objects to their visage being displayed. (if they do they could be asked to step aside for a couple of minutes?)

Quackers.

Hello me duck! Dya mean something like these ?

post-20303-0-32633900-1438542244.jpg

post-20303-0-74680400-1438542302.jpg

Not trying to curry favour :)

• RMweb Gold

Quackers.

Excellent idea ducky.  As I will have, hopefully, recently returned from a week of lavish dining on the briny I too am unable to attend so some pics would be enjoyable 

According to yesterday's paper, eating curry twice a week could help towards a longer life. Perhaps the good Cap'n should hold more frequent meets?

All well and good so long as your bottom.... Sorry, the bottom doesnt fall out of your world !

• RMweb Gold

Yes, an enjoyable evening, much banter, far too much food! Maurice Hopper bought along his radio control garden scale Wickham trolley, which trundled over the tablecloth to much interest. Think we got away without any pictures being taken - sorry to those who asked for them....

• RMweb Gold

Had a thoroughly enjoyable evening and so did SWMBO! It was great to meet many new faces and catch up with some slightly more familiar ones. We ate far too much, so much so, we both struggled to eat our full english this morning.

As for pictures - I was enjoying myself far too much to even think about those.

Many thanks to the good Captain for organising such a great evening.

Cheers,

Aidan

• RMweb Gold

Honestly Mike, I don't think anyone did!

Must have been good curry!  If there were no pics taken I wonder if you had an auction instead - I mean what is a SWAG event without an auction? 

Anyway sounds like a good event but after a week at sea with 3 cooked meals a day plus an unplanned 8 hour trip home from Jockland on Wednesday it would all have been too much (although the ship had been quite handy the week before as we'd anchored off Slapton Sands one night).

Archived