Kernow Model Rail Centre - Bulleid Diesel

WDP4D

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Derek 19B said:

adb968008
10203 for sale on the next Vectis sale, item 4108 price guide 80>110

derek:locomotive:

Don't forget the +25% for commission and VAT, and then postage on top. I'm not sure every bidder realises this - there have been much fewer bargains recently.

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Derek 19B said:

adb968008

Thanks for this.

I’ll approach with caution, premium is one thing.. this in the T&C’s is another..

No Warranty can be given to the mechanical or electrical operation of any item.

Items sold in our auctions are sold as collectors items. Mechanisms have not been tested unless otherwise stated in the lot description

https://www.vectis.co.uk/faq

Ive been burned here...

• RMweb Gold
On 13/03/2021 at 00:38, harry lamb said:

Excellent representation of the '1-CO' cosmetic bogie frames compared with the pathetic Bachmann, Hornby and other offerings so I reckon I would certainly chance one for conversion to 18.83mm. gauge. I do have a good stock of 'Ultrascale' 3' 7" and AGW 3' 6" disc wheels plus some second hand ones that are not too tight to the axle that I can play with by adding 'holes in the disc'....ish! Unfortunately I missed the release of the 'BR green livered' models so having never seen the model in the 'flesh', so as to speak, I may have missed my opportunity to have crack at one of these models! PS, I did see the actual locomotives at Euston circa '58-60', 10-12 years old then when on my way to Richmond visiting family.

There is plenty of room to just drop in 1883 wheelsets. It was most helpful that the extra width for 'wider' gauges was, I believe, factored in at the design stage.

I used Ultrascale 15mm wheels (2mm axles) that I had in stock (Cl40/45?) The only problem that I had was the pony truck which is made from very light plastic with a spring underneath the screw. When P4 wheelsets were added they persistently jumped off, so they were replaced with some heavier brass ones which did the trick. The pick-ups were simply tweaked outwards.  

Harry, I hope that this helps.

20210316_080515.jpg.cdc050c5b8aa2b8fc1786f9470592b4d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if Kernow will do another run of these superb models, I missed out first time around, so would like to add at least one to my heritage stable.

On 15/03/2021 at 13:05, Derek 19B said:

adb968008

On 15/03/2021 at 17:14, stovepipe said:

Don't forget the +25% for commission and VAT, and then postage on top. I'm not sure every bidder realises this - there have been much fewer bargains recently.

The Vectis sales are well advertised so rarely bring bargains - those estimates are in many cases 'come-ons', expect the model to fetch market value or more.

As for the warranty bit, it's an auction. You bid, you pay, it's yours. Hunting down bargains at auction takes time and effort but quite often I get pristine or unused items, the lack of warranty reflects the process, it's not like a dodgy secondhand dealer trying to palm off duff goods. 

Until and unless there are further runs of this model by Kernow, expect the ones that turn up for sale to sell for a premium - it's supply and demand

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, andyman7 said:

The Vectis sales are well advertised so rarely bring bargains - those estimates are in many cases 'come-ons', expect the model to fetch market value or more.

As for the warranty bit, it's an auction. You bid, you pay, it's yours. Hunting down bargains at auction takes time and effort but quite often I get pristine or unused items, the lack of warranty reflects the process, it's not like a dodgy secondhand dealer trying to palm off duff goods. 

Until and unless there are further runs of this model by Kernow, expect the ones that turn up for sale to sell for a premium - it's supply and demand

That's true, they are well-advertised sales, but since many more people have been working from home, I've noticed a higher level of participation. There's been plenty of run-of-the-mill stuff going for a hammer price equivalent to ebay/shop sales prices, but with 25% extra to pay on top - and no come back.

I think a lot of people are just a little bit bored, and I suppose it adds a little bit of frisson to the day.

Edited by stovepipe
spooling
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, 7013 said:

I wonder if Kernow will do another run of these superb models, I missed out first time around, so would like to add at least one to my heritage stable.

There was a suggestion a while back of cab end door versions.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 18/03/2021 at 13:29, 7013 said:

I wondered the same thing not so long ago.

So I sent Kernow an email and asked them out straight!

Give them their due, they responded pretty quickly.

Their answer, though, was less than clear about the possibility, simply saying that they could not confirm or otherwise at this time that they intend to release a second run but would announce any decision through the usual channels.

So, I guess, maybe...

HOURS OF FUN!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Their answer, though, was less than clear about the possibility, simply saying that they could not confirm or otherwise at this time that they intend to release a second run but would announce any decision through the usual channels.

They already done a second run which is why its likely to be a fairly long time before they do a 3rd.

Edited by Kaput

6 hours ago, Kaput said:

They already done a second run which is why its likely to be a fairly long time before they do a 3rd.

Say what?! When did that happen?! Oh well... the good news is that it gives me time to save up then!

Steve S

7 hours ago, Kaput said:

2nd run came just after the 1st run went out of stock pretty much.

B@gger! At the time I hadn't got back into railway modelling, and certainly hadn't settled upon SR BR as my focus so didn't know I needed wanted one!

Would be lovely to pick one up at some point at something less than the £399 starting bid I saw recently on eBay!!

Mind you, for that money I could pick up four or five shunting locos ...

HOURS OF FUN!

8 hours ago, spamcan61 said:

Three I could find on eBay sold this year ranged from 190 quid to 260 quid.

Sadly, I missed them. But the last I did actually see, although at a point where I sadly did not have sufficient excess funds to be able to put in a bid! Hey ho! Such is eBay!

Steve S

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

That was quick, they have been snapped up.

What did you expect? ;)  There were three left a few minutes ago but none now.  Shows how a good model can be a strong seller even with very limited prototype numbers and range.  Ditto the Beattie well-tanks among others.  

• Agree 1