Kernow Model Rail Centre - Bulleid Diesel

WDP4D

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Are the illustrations not of the Diesel Hydraulics?(?)

20 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

That was quick, they have been snapped up.

As per my next post they have all now been sold.

Edited by Graham_Muz

One of our own RMWeb members has put his Bulleid Diesel up for sale on eBay for the very reasonable BIN price of £220 - or best offer! I don't have the funds, but if you want one snap it up before the likes of Gostude grabs it and relists it at double the price!

Steve S

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

One of our own RMWeb members has put his Bulleid Diesel up for sale on eBay for the very reasonable BIN price of £220 - or best offer! I don't have the funds, but if you want one snap it up before the likes of Gostude grabs it and relists it at double the price!

Steve S

One was sold Sunday evening. Start price was £165, there were 33 watchers but it only went for £175, which was a surprise.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RFS said:

One was sold Sunday evening. Start price was £165, there were 33 watchers but it only went for £175, which was a surprise.

Ah - a side effect of The Euros, perhaps? I won everything I had bid for on Sunday evening except for one item, all unchallenged, most at starting bid prices! All relatively small amounts, but boy can it add up when all your chickens come home to roost when you expected to lose a good few! 

The listing does say it is open to offers ...

Steve S

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RFS said:

Yes, I followed this as well, but never got round to bidding. I think there have been some of the D600's on offer recently too, which haven't gone for a premium compared to original price.

Possibly those who wanted either model have now, in the main, already managed to buy one?

John.

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/07/2021 at 16:42, truffy said:

You weren’t kidding! :lol:

You can say that, again! 3 minutes between posts - and that includes checking the website before posting, too! Either someone was very, very quick or happened upon it by chance!

Steve S

20 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

You can say that, again! 3 minutes between posts - and that includes checking the website before posting, too! Either someone was very, very quick or happened upon it by chance!

Steve S

It was also posted on Facebook - the page was actually up for about an hour as I was able to click on it twice, once from Facebook and later from here so it did hang around.

I would imagine Facebook got the quickest response, there may have been a couple of the models as well.

• Informative/Useful 2

CURSES!!

Spotted a black 10203 on eBay a few minutes ago BIN £200 or Best Offer and nipped here to check how much they have been selling for recently ... gone back and somebody has got it with a Best Offer price! 

AAAARGH!!

Do I settle for 10201 and hope to pick up 10203 at a later date?!

Why do I find these ugly looking diesels so attractive?!

Steve S

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Oh dear ...

Well, it happened ...

I put an offer in, and it was accepted ...

Was quite surprised, to be honest, but now I have a big durty diseasel to sully my clean electric platforms!

If anybody says anything about the Newhaven boat trains comprising of 12 wheel Pullman stock, I shall resort to using some very curt Anglo Saxon words!!

HOURS OF FUN - UNLESS YOU ARE WATCHING THE ENGLAND V ITALY MATCH!!! (WHICH I WASN'T, SO THERE!)

And then, whilst looking at Kernow wagons on eBay, the following turned up …

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kernow-OO-Gauge-Bullied-1-CO-CO-Diesel-Loco-Mint-Condition-Boxed-/164952967803?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Bidding currently under £100 … probably because the seller didn’t spot that autocorrect has changed “Bulleid” to “bullied” so the listing doesn’t appear when you search for “Bulleid”!!

Too late for me, but possibly a bargain to be had here!!

Best of luck!!

Steve S

53 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

It's like why are Class 37's so popular - 40's to me are the one - wrt the earlier post of why are these so popular.

I like them as well, but so far haven't succumbed ... one day I suppose, perhaps.

Al.

One day soon - still below £100 so you could grab yourself a (misspelt) bargain!!

Steve S

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Bidding currently under £100 … probably because the seller didn’t spot that autocorrect has changed “Bulleid” to “bullied” so the listing doesn’t appear when you search for “Bulleid”!!

He's just misspelt it which is quite common - autocorrect isn't responsible. I've listed a few coaches in the past with correct spelling that's never been interfered with!  If I'm looking for anything Bulleid I always search for both spellings.

4 minutes ago, RFS said:

He's just misspelt it which is quite common - autocorrect isn't responsible. I've listed a few coaches in the past with correct spelling that's never been interfered with!  If I'm looking for anything Bulleid I always search for both spellings.

Depends on your spellchecker though.

I've got both Bulleid and Stanier on mine as the default setting as I was fed up with it correcting them both to Bullied and Stainer.

Jason

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Well, the "bargain" 'Bullied' diesel sold a few moments ago for £182 + £3.50 p&p ....

So, feeling slightly smug that my BIN/offer came in slightly cheaper, even with £4.20 p&p!

Would have felt thoroughly mugged off if it had sold at a "bargain" price!! :laugh_mini:

HOURS OF AUCTION WATCHING FUN!

There’s a green liveried 10203 up on eBay right now for the next 30 minutes or so … current bid £124

Yes, I ask myself WHY I got myself 10201 in black and silver when THAT was the loco I really wanted!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-Kernow-MRC-K2704A-Bulleid-1-Co-Co-1-Diesel-10203-BR-Green-Royal-Scot-/363467175433?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Yes - I know posting here means I lessen my own chances of winning it, but I can’t justify spending that money again :no:

Steve S

Edited by SteveyDee68

Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey - will somebody please bid on 10203 before I get the overwhelming urge to do so!

£124 is a bargain, a bargain I tell you!!

Steve S

(Sweating profusely, and not just from the heat!)

LESS THAN THREE MINUTES LEFT TO BID!!

1 minute to go and a new winning bid at £132 - hopefully an RMWebber!!

UPDATE

Auction ended with a new bidder who joined the fray four minutes before the auction ended, and won 10203 for £132.00 (+p&p)…

Well, that was exciting watching the auction wondering if someone was going to put a new bid in at the last second. Of course, now I wish it had been me (!) … :laugh_mini:

Edited by SteveyDee68
Updates!!
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1