The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Driving standards

hayfield

Well last night the Nechells Grand Prix was in full swing between 10pm and 4am  on the north side of Brum

I'm glad I wasn't out on the roads in that area and it sounds like many have a new layer of rubber on them.

I was half expecting to have to drive around the debris on my way home from work this morning.

Andy

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Nick C said:

I may have mentioned this before, but we've got some roadworks near us with a 30mph TSR, on a normally 70 road. It's quite disconcerting to have someone overtake you at 70+ when you're doing 30.

They are much better drivers than the average, so speed limits are not applicable to them!

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, kevinlms said:

They are much better drivers than the average, so speed limits are not applicable to them!

Or is it a government Advisor.

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

... which raises the entire question of driving whilst unwell, or when believing one's vision may be impaired - to say nothing of one's judgement.

It seems that the wrong minister has resigned!

• Agree 6

1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

... which raises the entire question of driving whilst unwell, or when believing one's vision may be impaired - to say nothing of one's judgement.

Mr. Cummings has a record of ignoring Government Advice, 260 mile journey none stop, even at 70 all the way that's 3.5 hours.

The advice "Plan your journey to include a 15 minute break every 2 to 3 hours."...

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, John Harris said:

Mr. Cummings has a record of ignoring Government Advice, 260 mile journey none stop, even at 70 all the way that's 3.5 hours.

The advice "Plan your journey to include a 15 minute break every 2 to 3 hours."...

Don't we all. 

I drive that same journey in a slower vehicle and it's 4 hours before the first stop as there are few places suitable, I then have a further 2+ hours.

Too much politics on this site recently.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

7 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Wonder if this one is the follow up?

Different colour car and the explosion appears to be outside of the car. It appears to be a spillage from the building on the right that ignited when the car past over it. It almost caught the van as the fire moved to the right. The building continued burning afterwards.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Different colour car and the explosion appears to be outside of the car. It appears to be a spillage from the building on the right that ignited when the car past over it. It almost caught the van as the fire moved to the right. The building continued burning afterwards.

Pretty sure that’s just a normal LPG leak, gas laying across the road the van almost got through but for some reason the car ignited the “cloud” and the poor old van coped a dose of flash.......I wonder if they were smoking in the car as when it goes out of shot somebody jumps from the rear door.....so it must have flashed over inside as well (if not first), I guess the “auto recirculating” on the AC wasn’t as good as it should be :lol:

• Like 1

That's why if a gas system is leaking and catches fire, you don't try to extinguish the flames, but control them if possible, using water sprays, until you can cut off the gas supply feeding the flames...

Mark

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, MarkC said:

That's why if a gas system is leaking and catches fire, you don't try to extinguish the flames, but control them if possible, using water sprays, until you can cut off the gas supply feeding the flames...

Mark

Bo11ocks to that.......I just run :blink:

• Agree 1