Nottingham Model Railway Exhibition 12th - 13th March 2016

doctor quinn

I have just been working out the number of barriers we need to go round the layouts. It seems a lot more than previous years so I checked on the last time we were in the sports centre, in 2012. We have a lot more layout this year - while the number may be less than in 2012, the size and the fact that you view some of them from more than one side means there is a lot more 'layout' in the hall than ever before. We are experimenting with a colour guide this year and I am making a colour coded floor plan. It isn't finished yet, but does give a quick indication of the proportion of layout to trade. The proportion this year is probably our hightest ever. Let's hope we can afford to to this!

When I get the colour coded floor plan finished, I'll post it on our website and you can see for yourselves.

LATEST NEWS

We can confirm that this year's show guide will be in full colour. We have had a few colour pages before, but this year we have gone the whole hog and had colour throughout. This has meant that the price has increased to £2, but pretty good value for an A4 glossy magazine format guide, we think. As a taster, here is the floor plan, which I have colour coded to show layouts, trade stands, demonstrations and societies. It shows that a high proportion of layouts we have this year.

Nottingham2016.pdf

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to the show and hope that we have better weather in a week's time than today.  Green Ayre is coming on a treat with some more ballasting and titivating done yesterday.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Hope it all goes well back in the old refurbished venue.

Sorry I can not make it as playing trains at Macclesfield.

It will be the first Nottingham exhibition I have missed for a long time.

Terry

Stafford Railway Circle

LATEST NEWS

We can confirm that this year's show guide will be in full colour. We have had a few colour pages before, but this year we have gone the whole hog and had colour throughout. This has meant that the price has increased to £2, but pretty good value for an A4 glossy magazine format guide, we think. As a taster, here is the floor plan, which I have colour coded to show layouts, trade stands, demonstrations and societies. It shows that a high proportion of layouts we have this year.

attachicon.gifNottingham2016.pdf

A small issue - trade stand 71 seems to have been lost from the key.

Regards, Andy

Looking forward to the show at the weekend, just a heads up tho, the crown island on the A6514 ring road is being resurfaced so is down to 1 lane all weekend which causes congestion and delays the 28 bus which passes the venue

Thanks for the reminder, 50030, I got caught in that a few weeks ago and thought it might have gone by now. Anyone travelling from the south would be better to stay on the M1 to J26, then drop back down. Alternatively, leave at J25 and take the A52 to Bramcote island. Leave the A52 at the Bramcote island (by the Sherwin Arms pub) and take the A6007 towards Ilkeston. Turn right at the first mini roundabout onto the A6002 (though the sign doesn't mention the road's number, it says Hucknall (A611)). Keep on this road for 2.4 miles and you will see our direction signs pointing right at a set of traffic lights.

AndyRam asked about parking - we have the same area that we used to use when we were at the sports hall before, but that is now shared with the swimming pool and sports facilities, so we are expecting it to be tight. Consequently, we have arranged overflow parking at the school a short distance down Wigman road (between last year's venue and this year's venue) and we are bussing the exhibitors in from the hotel so they can leave their vehicles there, creating some more space. In addition to this, Wigman road parking restrictions do not apply at weekends, so on-street parking is also available. We will be watching this carefully over the weekend to see what we can do next year, if it proves to be a problem.

We will have signs showing the way to the overflow parking area.

We cannot really steward the car park as it is not just our visitors, however, we may have to someone on the gate to direct our visitors to the overflow car park. We will keep an eye on that during the day and adjust our staffing accordingly. I expect the steward posted there might get some grief from swimmers though!

What are the opening times. Looked on the site and not listed.

Gary

Hi Gary 

Thanks for pointing this out - I'll get the site updated.

The opening times are:

Saturday 09:30 - 17:30 

Sunday 10:00 - 17:00

Thanks

Ollie

• RMweb Premium

Green Ayre is packed and as ready as it ever will be after a day of final adjustments.

Here's about 50% of it in the side rom at church ready for loading the lorry tomorrow morning.  There are another 4 boards in the church but fortunatey the choir don't need all the space tonight.

post-6824-0-55453800-1457636290_thumb.jpg

Jamie

Neely is all ready for the van. Neil will be helping me pack and then we collect Andy before lunch, with our planned arrival in Nottingham shortly after 3:30. Thank goodness for colleagues.

I've come down with the dreaded head cold, sore throat and tiredness so I'm definitely not feeling up to anything this challenging. This is also its first two day show which means that I'm a tad nervous about the logistics of it all.

At the risk of catching my illness, please do come and say hello.

Archived