expoEM North 2015

DerekEm8

Damn, I knew I should've stuck insulting tape over that.

Can't be bothered posting pics tonight maybe tomorrow.

Dave Franks.

A contingent of your esteemed friends and colleagues..all three of us.. will be travelling south to annoy you and messrs Jackson and co on the Sunday..that'll cheer you up.

When you make you travel arrangements don't forget that Newton Heath Carriage & Wagon and Everton Athletic will be kicking seven shades out of each other on the canal bank at 17.30 on Saturday.

Thanks for that info..we'll be down on the Sunday so hopefully ok but I will let others know re the Sat.

Dave.

Gentlemen please remember that the fussballspeil STARTS at 17-30 so all the fan(atic)s will already be in the ampitheatre way before that.

So you are safe staying at expoEM North until closing time cos the mass hysteria will have taken them over by then and it will safe for us mere mortals (normals) to travel.

Gentlemen please remember that the fussballspeil STARTS at 17-30 so all the fan(atic)s will already be in the ampitheatre way before that.

So you are safe staying at expoEM North until closing time cos the mass hysteria will have taken them over by then and it will safe for us mere mortals (normals) to travel.

I'm glad you pointed that out, Derek. I was about to choose my train tickets, with a visit to the Jolly Anglers for a pint or three on my way back to Manc Piccadilly in mind. As I don't fancy playing sardines with a crowd of footy supporters, I'll catch an earlier train back to Sheffield, Fagans, Moonshine beer and some quality folk music instead.

• RMweb Gold

Unless they are sitting in a jam on the M62.

If I come on Staurday my intention is either to be in early or to stay until about 5pm as I will be using the M60 via Stockport.

A contingent of your esteemed friends and colleagues..all three of us.. will be travelling south to annoy you and messrs Jackson and co on the Sunday..that'll cheer you up.

I hope you are not implying that I only have three friends and they are but colleagues and, they spy on me through keyholes....

Oh I'm so happy....

Dave, yawn.

Afternoon all.....

Very much looking forward to exhibiting with The Mill at the weekend, here is what i've been working on this last month hoping to have it built for EM north......

post-19016-0-31067000-1441712290_thumb.jpg

Just a few more jobs to do & it'll be ready (not painted, sorry).

mode details on that & the layout here,

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/90024-the-mill/

See you all at the weekend

Chris

I'm glad you pointed that out, Derek. I was about to choose my train tickets, with a visit to the Jolly Anglers for a pint or three on my way back to Manc Piccadilly in mind. As I don't fancy playing sardines with a crowd of footy supporters, I'll catch an earlier train back to Sheffield, Fagans, Moonshine beer and some quality folk music instead.

Bluebottle.........there is no such thing as quality folk music..........now Stan Kenton...........NO not that RMWEB  Kenton,  Woody Herman etc now thats different . Come have a chat I'll guide you to the straight & narrow. 

• RMweb Gold

Bluebottle.........there is no such thing as quality folk music..........now Stan Kenton...........NO not that RMWEB  Kenton,  Woody Herman etc now thats different . Come have a chat I'll guide you to the straight & narrow. 

You've never been known to be on the straight & narrow...

You are mistaken!

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Manchester - Hathersage Folk Train not on this week. Doing Beer Festiavl at Chinley next week instead and a Birthday Party for one of the regular musicians the following week.

I decided a long time ago not to urge my tastes in (in no particular order) music, women, beer, literature, trains, sport etc. on others, and to merely listen politely should they urge theirs on me.

If I may point out a couple of problems with the well-respected gentlemen you mention, dear Lightning, they share the disadvantage of having been dead for some time (saving, of course "our" Kenton), and their bands wouldn't have fitted into the back room at Fagans, which isn't much bigger than my living room.

To mention a personal favourite Sheffield-based folk musician, Patrick Walker - Pat's trio would fit such a room nicely.

If you like that sort of thing, of course.

Never could bear Stan Kenton. Woody Herman Ok and his rhythm section once sat in at the Manchester Sports Guild one Saturday night. They utterly transformed the Alex Welsh Band as I remember.

Regards

• RMweb Premium

I picked up some rolling stock from Mark Forrest last night for use on New Haden Colliery over the weekend.

He also gave me the best in show trophy awarded to Black Counrty Blues last year so in case the organisers are wondering, its on its way home.

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Manchester - Hathersage Folk Train not on this week. Doing Beer Festiavl at Chinley next week instead and a Birthday Party for one of the regular musicians the following week.

Is that the Old Hall one? Knew it was some time around now and I've been looking forward to it, since I now live within walking distance. Thanks for the reminder!

I had intended to go on Saturday but I've had to Cape the job due to none of my regular companions being available but in any case, I have to take my injured mutt to the vets for a check up and I'm skint due to the latter anyway.

C'est la vie, I'm sure some individuals will be pleased...

What are you doing here?      You should be watching Dennis Rollins on YouTube!!

Afternoon all.....

Very much looking forward to exhibiting with The Mill at the weekend, here is what i've been working on this last month hoping to have it built for EM north......

attachicon.gifRSH2.jpg

Just a few more jobs to do & it'll be ready (not painted, sorry).

mode details on that & the layout here,

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/90024-the-mill/

See you all at the weekend

Chris

The Mill`s definitely on my 'must see' list for Saturday! :bye:

Archived