Parkside Dundas

Ben Alder

Thanks for the info all.

Does anyone know of any other stockists? Didn’t Gaugemaster also stock this line (I know I can check and I will but really just provoking further discussion....)

And does anyone know – or have tried – to order in bulk from Peco per the implication that this is possible on their web page? Are the decals likely to be supplied the same way or is it now a case of ordering separately? Again being overseas I had hoped to bundle everything together to reduce postage costs.

Thanks for the info all.

Does anyone know of any other stockists? Didn’t Gaugemaster also stock this line (I know I can check and I will but really just provoking further discussion....)

And does anyone know – or have tried – to order in bulk from Peco per the implication that this is possible on their web page? Are the decals likely to be supplied the same way or is it now a case of ordering separately? Again being overseas I had hoped to bundle everything together to reduce postage costs.

The only people that can answer this are Peco - why not ask them?

Anyone else is simply guessing.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Thanks for stating the seemingly obvious John. I am going to try to contact them via their web form although their specific stated contact method is a UK phone number. That's pretty awkward when your in Australia though hence I thought I would see if anyone had any experience of this approach first. 

Thanks for stating the seemingly obvious John. I am going to try to contact them via their web form although their specific stated contact method is a UK phone number. That's pretty awkward when your in Australia though hence I thought I would see if anyone had any experience of this approach first. 

I was not trying to be clever, or to state the obvious, but I am sure that if there was any definitive information to be had at this time, it would have been posted here.

Transferring an entire design / manufacture / publicity / sales operation from Scotland to Devon is not going to be an overnight job - we will have to cut them some slack until options are considered, decisions are taken, and procedures are put in place.

After all, it is in Peco's interest to complete the process ASAP, and to get some revenue return on their capital investment. I am sure that they will wish to inform us of their new trading policies at the earliest possible opportunity.

Surely, if Peco were to decide not to include transfers in 7mm. scale kits; (they have never been included with the 4mm. scale kits); it will not be a deal-breaker to have to pay separate P&P for kits and transfers?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the info all.

Do you have family or friends in this country who could buy your requirements on your behalf and then send it on too you in one parcel?

• RMweb Premium

Surely, if Peco were to decide not to include transfers in 7mm. scale kits; (they have never been included with the 4mm. scale kits); it will not be a deal-breaker to have to pay separate P&P for kits and transfers?

True re postage - but complete kits represent very good value over those needing any separate bits be it wheels, replacement buffers, transfers etc. Factor in the 20% discount (off the top of my head!) that Parkside used to offer for 6 or more kits and the likelihood is these will cost more going forwards. Which is a shame, albeit just one of those things!

Edited by Hal Nail

True re postage - but complete kits represent very good value over those needing any separate bits be it wheels, replacement buffers, transfers etc. Factor in the 20% discount (off the top of my head!) that Parkside used to offer for 6 or more kits and the likelihood is these will cost more going forwards. Which is a shame, albeit just one of those things!

I think we have to be thankful that these will continue to be available (hope they keep the entire range going as my stash of these is far too small!) - they could have so easily ended up in the hands of someone like a certain manufacturer from Somerset.....

• RMweb Premium

Tower Models seem to have good stocks of PD Gauge 0 kits at their discount prices. I'd expect a price rise when they restock from Peco.

Dava

Parkside never offered a discount for multiple purchases but the selling prices were flexible as far as their stockists were concerned. Tower Models offered the multi-buy discount but have since removed it pending clarification of supplies and pricing from Peco. If you look at any current Tower Models O Gauge products advertisement you will note that Parkside kits are not listed.

Another problem is that the O Gauge market relies much more on smaller traders rather than main dealers, especially at exhibitions, and the Peco distribution model is geared towards the latter. If Peco do not make arrangements for such traders to access stocks (and not in bulk minimum order quantities) then they will be cutting off a substantial sales channel, as did Hornby only recently, and then realised their mistake and had to reinstate it.

• RMweb Premium

I recall Prkside routinely offered a discount for multiple purchases at G0G events. Tower Models are still offering discounts on PD on their website at this moment, but not multiple purchase offers.

Dava

• RMweb Premium

Parkside never offered a discount for multiple purchases but the selling prices were flexible as far as their stockists were concerned. Tower Models offered the multi-buy discount but have since removed it pending clarification of supplies and pricing from Peco. If you look at any current Tower Models O Gauge products advertisement you will note that Parkside kits are not listed.

I'm 99% sure Parkside originally had the same discount prices for 6 or more on their website (agree definitely at exhibitions) which was the same thing Tower replicated but as you say, withdrew when the switch to Peco happened. Completely academic now either way!

Edited by Hal Nail

• RMweb Premium

For completeness I'm going to post this, which shows the new Dundas Models logo and packaging.

post-6821-0-87988600-1509284888.jpg

It's cropped from a much larger photo, hence the quality, but you get the idea. Light blue for Dundas, dark blue for Parkside.

• Like 1

Once again a plea to the Andy/the Mods to move this thread to the Peco sub-forum now that the business transfer is complete.

The November issue of the Gauge O Guild gazettes contains two entries of interest - first is that the Tower Models advert has reinstated the Parkside kits and at prices comparable to those charged previously, but no bulk buy discounts are mentioned and second that Peco has confirmed that it will not sell Parkside by Peco kits from its stand at shows but that sales will be through its network of retailers or the shop at the Beer in person or via telephone orders.

This suggests that production of the kits is up and running again.

• RMweb Premium

Once again a plea to the Andy/the Mods to move this thread to the Peco sub-forum now that the business transfer is complete.

I disagree. Dundas Models is still an independent company (supplied by PECO). If you want to start a Parkside topic in the PECO section them go ahead. I think this topic should be left here for reference.

Edited by Nile

I disagree. Dundas Models is still an independent company (supplied by PECO). If you want to start a Parkside topic in the PECO section them go ahead. I think this topic should be left here for reference.

Or you could start a Dundas thread here... the principal subject and content is the Parkside range now with Peco.

• 2 weeks later...

So Dave Franks has explained the future for Lanarkshire Models & Supplies after the Parkside Dundas changes, and it is good to hear this high-quality range will continue.

What will happen to other 4mm ranges that Parkside Dundas sell (and probably do the moulding for) such as the Grand Junction LNWR modular building components and Red Panda's wagon and chassis kits?

Do I need to order any of these within the next couple of weeks to be sure I have enough for my next project?

Was there ever any firm news on what happened to the Grand Junction LNWR building panels range that used to be sold by Parkside Dundas? Did they go with the Parkside range to Peco, or did they stay with the Dundas range, or neither?

I am aware that there is a Parkside Models thread under the Peco section on here, however I felt this was probably the best place to ask the question. My apologies if I have got it wrong. 

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Was there ever any firm news on what happened to the Grand Junction LNWR building panels range that used to be sold by Parkside Dundas? Did they go with the Parkside range to Peco, or did they stay with the Dundas range, or neither?

I'd been wondering the same thing myself. I've not found any info yet on where the Grand Junction parts (or Red Panda wagons) have ended up.

• RMweb Gold

For completeness I'm going to post this, which shows the new Dundas Models logo and packaging.

attachicon.gifpeco-2.JPG

It's cropped from a much larger photo, hence the quality, but you get the idea. Light blue for Dundas, dark blue for Parkside.

So Parkside built the backing boards?

Mike.