Deltic DP1 and ?Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry

SteveCole

• RMweb Premium

Care to give me a dimension as to how much too low?

Given the known variation in the top of the nose, I find it impossible by laying straight edges on the recent photos to detected any appreciable variation.

Bernard

Not me, it was written by the guy who modified the model in Rail Express, anyway, It really wouldn't matter.

Wether I said 5 mm or half a mm I'd still be wrong! :)

We'll just agree to disagree and put it to bed.

Edited by Gary H

A couple of quick questions.

I've seen the term 'East Coast livery' for DP1. What is the difference between that livery and the preserved livery, and what livery were the very first Bachman run of these locos in?

Thanks.

Hi,  Coldgunner is correct - the roof is lighter and it has a pale yellow stripe around it.  The blue is also slightly different.  Not noticeable really until you put the East Coast Mainline version against a preserved liveried model.  

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Locomotion have today announced yet another model of DP1 Deltic. This time it is in 'East Coast Main Line Livery'. I already have two issued by Locomotion in slightly different blue liveries because I thought the first one I bought didn't look the right blue so I bought the second issue that was supposed to represent its livery when in service. So I wonder if this new one is different again. I'm not buying yet another one to get the livery right!

As i read it there are 2 versions coming out .32-523 DP1 West Coast Mainline version & 32-522 DP1 East coast main line version.

There is a difference between the 2 at sole bar level  

What is the main difference on the WCML version I would rather alter my ECML than buy another.

What is the main difference on the WCML version I would rather alter my ECML than buy another.

I believe the most noticeable difference is the colour is darker for the original condition.

http://www.locomotionmodels.com/

I'll probably be ordering a WCML one, even though I've got a half built Dapol/Lima one from years ago lurking about somewhere.

Jason

I believe the most noticeable difference is the colour is darker for the original condition.

http://www.locomotionmodels.com/

I'll probably be ordering a WCML one, even though I've got a half built Dapol/Lima one from years ago lurking about somewhere.

Jason

Any pictures of the one shown at Warley when is the release date.

Edited by paul 27

Isn’t it just the Express Train titles that make it either West Coast or East Coast ? I don’t think the livery changed

That's what I thought comparing with my previous model even the lining looks the same the only difference being the red embellishments.

That's what I thought comparing with my previous model even the lining looks the same the only difference being the red embellishments.

What about the colour of the footsteps?

There are a few subtle differences.

Guest spet0114

So, do we now have three liveries or two?  

1.  There is 32-520 - as originally issued in 2007, with multiple later re-issues.    (32-521 is the weathered version of 32-520.)

2. There is 32-522 - The 'east coast service' livery, issued a couple of times since 2013-ish.

3. Now there is 32-523 - the West coast service livery.

As I understand it, 32-520 represents the loco as preserved. I.e. After it had been withdrawn from service, cosmetically restored (by EE?) and placed in the Science museum.

At the time of the launch of 32-522, the differences between it and 32-520 were generally held to be the colour of blue, the extent of the blue around the roof grills / cantrail and possibly the colour of some of the bits of the bogies.

What distinguishes 32-523 from 520 or 522?  Answers on a postcard please! :-)

Cheers
Adrian