Deltic DP1 and ?Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry

SteveCole

• RMweb Gold

So, do we now have three liveries or two?

1. There is 32-520 - as originally issued in 2007, with multiple later re-issues. (32-521 is the weathered version of 32-520.)

2. There is 32-522 - The 'east coast service' livery, issued a couple of times since 2013-ish.

3. Now there is 32-523 - the West coast service livery.

As I understand it, 32-520 represents the loco as preserved. I.e. After it had been withdrawn from service, cosmetically restored (by EE?) and placed in the Science museum.

At the time of the launch of 32-522, the differences between it and 32-520 were generally held to be the colour of blue, the extent of the blue around the roof grills / cantrail and possibly the colour of some of the bits of the bogies.

What distinguishes 32-523 from 520 or 522? Answers on a postcard please! :-)

Cheers

Adrian

I asked that exact question on Saturday...

I was told Deltic had 6 livery variations in 6 years service.

They have released two new variations on Saturday.. ECML And WCML, one is darker than the other.

The guys at Locomotion are looking for a volunteer to donate one of the models from the very first batch released, as they didn’t save one, thus enabling them to display a full livery history of Deltic in model form.

Edited by adb968008

I asked that exact question on Saturday...

I was told Deltic had 6 livery variations in 6 years service.

They have released two new variations on Saturday.. ECML And WCML, one is darker than the other.

The guys at Locomotion are looking for a volunteer to donate one of the models from the very first batch released, as they didn’t save one, thus enabling them to display a full livery history of Deltic in model form.

Sorry, Locomotion. I shan’t part with mine!

• 8 months later...
  • AY Mod pinned and unpinned this topic