WEST SHED

Andrew P

This layout has inspired me. I have re-ignited my love of Model Railways. This has been aided by my step-daughter (10) having a keen interest. Been slowly building a collection of stock. I (well we) have an 8x4 board ready for a tail-chaser, but I kept an off cut of 4x2 to do a small depot to do something a bit more realistic to test my skills. I had thought about doing two 1x4 panels, and can now see what can be done. 

Thanks for the nice comments, If it inspires just one person to nail down a bit of Track then that's no bad thing, Good luck with your projects.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Just watched the program on the Flying Scotsman, FANTASTIC, think I might need some Eastern Region Motive Power for a change. hahhaha only joking Clive, I've spent enough on Locos.

Spent enough on Locos? That just doesn't compute!

My HO layout is 4 feet long and I have 8 locos to run on it! :D

And I've been eyeing up some nice US steamers to run on it too now, which will mean also getting some 1950's era freight cars too! :D

I have to agree with you on the food situation at Mansfield. That bacon was cooked to perfection!

• Like 2

Andy, whilst I think about it, is there a tutorial somewhere for the playing card system at all?

Check out = Inglenook Shunting Layout, AND Hintock, John Flann's on Line Book.

Spent enough on Locos? That just doesn't compute!

My HO layout is 4 feet long and I have 8 locos to run on it! :D

And I've been eyeing up some nice US steamers to run on it too now, which will mean also getting some 1950's era freight cars too! :D

I have to agree with you on the food situation at Mansfield. That bacon was cooked to perfection!

Yep Bacon was top notch, egg in the beard, less so!

You'll soon have more locos that wagons (sorry cars) to run on it matey!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

We could put you up overnight.........now where did I put that tent the kids use to play in??????

And don't forget the paddling pool so he can soak his feet after that long walk to get there.

This layout has inspired me. I have re-ignited my love of Model Railways. This has been aided by my step-daughter (10) having a keen interest. Been slowly building a collection of stock. I (well we) have an 8x4 board ready for a tail-chaser, but I kept an off cut of 4x2 to do a small depot to do something a bit more realistic to test my skills. I had thought about doing two 1x4 panels, and can now see what can be done. 

We started with a 9ft x 4ft layout for use at one end of a room but by the time we had laid a circuit of double track, and realised we couldn't reach the back of the board (for derailments and modelling the layout, etc), we put a limit on a 2ft depth board round the room instead.  Exhibtion layout takes priority so it is still in progress but we can run trains to our hearts content and all in easy reach.

Jock, great to see you back on West Shed.  Agree about the Jubilee after seeing the Tyseley ones last year.

Andy, hope the buzz from the weekend carries on here.

• Like 3

Managed to do a little weathering for a chap today, just a light weathering is all that was wanted on the Black 5, 8F and a Deltic.

post-9335-0-00761200-1457455152_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-81267400-1457455206_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-58720600-1457455180_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-20511100-1457455229_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-79016100-1457455289_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-16802000-1457455311_thumb.jpg

Plus got some bits done on Pencarne and North Road as well, pics in the relevant threads.

• Like 10

Breakfast done and dusted, just need to wash up and then out to hoover up the unstuck flock on the Field on Pencarne and see what needs doing on there next.

Edited by Andrew P

Thanks Peter, yes I always enjoy a good Exhibition, a whole GANG are going to the Nottingham Show on Sunday, its only about 40 minutes up the road and should be a good one.

Hopefully going myself Sunday. Was supposed to be taking my father-in-law, but we lost him suddenly. Its his funeral today.

Not been to Nottingham one for ages. Last time I went it was still at Victoria Baths.

Hopefully going myself Sunday. Was supposed to be taking my father-in-law, but we lost him suddenly. Its his funeral today.

Not been to Nottingham one for ages. Last time I went it was still at Victoria Baths.

Hi sorry to read about F.I.L. I hope you enjoy the Show, the last 2 years its been moved to the School and that was hard work, up and down loads of steps etc, its now back to its Sports Hall, smaller but very good.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Peter, yes I always enjoy a good Exhibition, a whole GANG are going to the Nottingham Show on Sunday, its only about 40 minutes up the road and should be a good one.

Oh no.....I am planning on going on Sunday...............who's turn is it  for the cake and tea? 

Hi Bodge

Would that be the bacon butty diet?

binny

That sounds like my kind of diet.

Yeah more Bacon Butties on Sunday at Nottingham I hope, :O hhahah :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  

:nono:  :nono:

:angel:

• 2 weeks later...

Is West Shed going to be there Andy?

Sadly not Andy, we have 2 New Layouts for this event, Peter BB's Swad Lane built by Trevor and Ashley Toon, PLUS their New Layout as well. The detail that they put into Swad lane is un believable and must be seen, (see thread for some pics in post #1. I bought Swad Lane from Ashley, and then had no where to store it during the House move so I sold it to Peter who is now going to exhibit it.

As for West Shed, that will be back for our Mince Pie event in December.

This weekend I will be doing weathering demo, and commissions for Club funds.

• Like 2