Finnish local train coaches

Petri Sallinen

Here is some photos of Finnish N scale coaches I have designed. The scale is 1:160 so it is not the 2MM scale (I am sorry if I have chosen the wrong place for my pictures). Drawings for etching work I have made using CorelDraw. The roof is made in resin. Small details are brass castings and white metal castings. Please enjoy my photos.

Petri

Helsinki, Finland

Inbgsb.jpg

7fraqP.jpg

LghAwX.jpg

hECk1E.jpg

R0VuB2.jpg

This is the way I made the three point suspension for the coach — the same way like they are used to make it in 4MM scale.

5irm4i.jpg

suFxgY.jpg

DZ1OPj.jpg

MDTyUU.jpg

SiiXUK.jpg

And this is my way to assemble the coupling. This coupling works with DGs.

Q7qQYe.jpg

hgvlDq.jpg

AHuQt0.jpg

yPWSQi.jpg

xUBqsO.jpg

LvpTYf.jpg

hLxcC9.jpg

Have you considered cranking the brake hangers so that the blocks are in line with the wheel treads?  If the curvature of the blocks are not concentric with the bearing you could detach the hangers, pad them out suitably on the chassis frame and resolder. If the design is under your control you could redraw them to allow the extra length for cranking.

• 1 month later...

I am curious to know what track gauge you are using? Is it 9.5mm (1/160 of 1520mm gauge) or is it some other gauge?

thanks

Tim

Finnish gauge is five feet (1524 mm) so the right gauge in 1:160 should be 9,52 mm, but most of Finnish enthusiasts are using the standard N scale gauge 9,0 mm with NMRA standard wheels. I know only some enthusiasts who are using the right 9,5 mm gauge with 2MM scale wheels.

Petri

Archived