GJH Plant JNA wagon

matt-b

Hello people.

I'm new to O gauge so please be nice has i am probably asking the most basic questions..

Basically I've been looking on the GJH Plant website and like the look of the JNA wagon.

The wagon contains both resin and metal parts... what is the best glue to use for bonding these two different materials.

Has anyone built this model? Any pictures and advice would be welcome.

Thanks for you're help in advance.

Matt

Probably best to use a two part epoxy type glue as they tend to give good strong results when fixing metal and resin/plastic. As for any kit you get out of it what ever you want, if you want basic just build and go, if you want detailed then you can go to town and spend time and many hours studying pics and adding as much detail as you want.

Hi, welcome to 7mm.

The comment above is correct as in a two part epoxy is probably best.

One of the most important things to do with resins, is to wash them thoroughly before starting.

Good luck with your project.

Jinty ;)

Welcome to 7mm modelling. I am sure you will enjoy it as we all do.

As Jintyman says make sure you thoroughly wash resin parts before assembly and do it again before you paint the finished model. As my dear old mum used to say "cleanliness is next to godliness" and she was oh so right when it is applied to modelling.

I think any good quality two part epoxy will do the job. Mine came from B & Q - seems OK.

Rod

Hi, welcome to 7mm.

The comment above is correct as in a two part epoxy is probably best.

One of the most important things to do with resins, is to wash them thoroughly before starting.

Good luck with your project.

Jinty ;)

Also give the metal castings a good scrub as there is somestimes the residue of a releasing agent still on them.

Martyn.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any pictures of them building or of a built up version of this model?

I'm struggling to find any online.

Also looking at the VGA wagon.. Pictures of this too would be handy.

Thanks, Matt

Edited by matt-b

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry Matt, I feel this is wrong. You start off this thread as a newcomer with a request for advice on resin wagon construction, and now it ends up with a business proposition for commission builds on resin wagons within a few weeks????

If you intend to be gaining commissions, for 7mm kit construction, maybe the title of your thread at least should be altered to take this into account. I'm not even sure this is in the right place either? Readers will be drawn into a newcomers wagon build thread, when the motive is clearly now, the drumming up of commission business, and the suggestion of an Ebay search for your current example.

Jinty ;)

Now edited the post to keep people happy, I never ment to offend anyone but..

Looking around there is a lack of modern ready to run items for sale.

All I thought I'd do is show people what is included in the kit and a few pictures of the build has its going along has i can't find any pictures of either of these online.. It won't help new people get into 0 gauge it if they don't know what it involves.

Sorry for any trouble.. I'll be more careful of posts in the future.

Edited by matt-b

• 3 years later...