Hi

To start with used Hornby 06 chassis which is a tight fit, pics show my first test print with Hornby couplings and buffers I had lying around.  I have cnc machine glazing but only had 3mm, really need 2mm most.

Now trying N-gauge print but going to try O  and Gauge 1(I already have some gauge 1)

Do you think there would be any interest if I produced it as kit?

post-26954-0-68067900-1440147385_thumb.jpg

post-26954-0-75165800-1440147394_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please bear with me if I post a few comments and suggestions for tweaks.  I have just made up my second craftsman oo class  as such am familiar with the ins and outs of the loco from that kit which is very good.  It flags a few differences with yours and as you shouldn't build off a kit and you have clearly taken a good look at the prototype, who knows which is right.

Firstly, you have clearly go the exhaust right. Craftsman's is wrong and i was left confused as to how it exited the cab roof etc.  With hindsight provided by yours, I can see its a "Y" to two exhaust ports.  

Your measurements at the cab end of the bonnet look a bit awry.  The gap between the door below the fuel vents and the main side doors looks too long and the tank top too far forward.  The inset for the tank vents is jut an inset whereas yours is too deep a cutaway. I think the bonnet top handrails are a bit vertical. You need to add a glazing panel to the cab window.

Anyway, I hope thse are critiques that would have been better a couple of months ago and that it lets you update the 3D.  I regret not running my Craftsman through a mold before adding the detail but such is life.

I was going to uploadsome images but having read Andy's guidance on quality I will go away and sort out the tripod and lighting :)

• 2 months later...

Hi

This is the first 'Kit' 02 that I have printed for some one to make up in gauge one. Many changes since climbing over one at Peak Rail, Heritage Shunters(they have asked me to do class 06 next)

I have been asked for Gauge 3 so doing a test, has to be done in at least 6 parts with laser cut chassis for weight and strength

For oo have done chassis to fit High Level motor and box as Hornby 06 chassis to long, too high and too fast!

post-26954-0-26084200-1459943070_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived