Bachmann recruiting for Exhibitions Officer

Andy Y

Job vacancy at Bachmann Europe Plc

14/08/2015

We are looking for a full-time Exhibitions Officer. 

Do you have an interest in model railways? 

Do you like attending exhibitions? 

Are you comfortable speaking with the general public? 

Are you organized and self-motivated? 

Are you handy with a tool kit? 

Are you able to work weekends? 

Are you located within a commutable distance of Barwell? 

Interested? Well, this might be just the job for you! We are looking for a highly motivated individual to look after our exhibition needs. The role will require weekend and occasional Bank Holiday working. 

Your duties would include: booking of show spaces and handling required paperwork, supervising the work of any staff working on exhibitions/displays, speaking to stand visitors and answering queries, driving the company van to various shows located around the UK, loading and unloading of show stock, liaising with stand fitters and show contractors, setting up displays for smaller shows and looking after 

show stock on return from exhibitions. 

This is a good opportunity to join an established and progressive company at a 

competitive salary with generous benefits. A full clean driving licence essential. 

Please apply with a covering letter and full CV to:

David Haarhaus 

Bachmann Europe Plc 

Moat Way 

Barwell 

Leicestershire 

LE9 8EY 

Closing Date for applications - 30th September 2015 

• RMweb Gold

Shame I don't live closer to Barwell!!

Quite fancy a complete change of career.

Odd it's advertised again though.

I do but I wouldn't be good at talking to the general public.Some are right tools.

I don't know, it could be good.

You get to see and handle all the latest releases, get paid to be at all the best exhibitions and if you've already been an exhibitor a chance to meet up with friends.

I think not. You will be expected to man the stand on your own from doors open to closing time. A fully functioning bladder, and the ability to exist on what crumbs you can secrete behind the stand should be in the job description.

Mike

I think not. You will be expected to man the stand on your own from doors open to closing time. A fully functioning bladder, and the ability to exist on what crumbs you can secrete behind the stand should be in the job description.

Mike

Add to that a very thick skin and the patience of Job

• RMweb Gold

I definitely don't have the patience of Job. Fortunately, I was able to take an assistant to most exhibitions who was very good at dealing with this sort of "client" (inverted commas because they rarely buy anything) while the rest of us got on with the real work.

• RMweb Gold

Having been a service engineer for the last 15years, I can say that it's not just those that go to exhibitions who have a gripe!!!

Speaking to customers who have bought a £750K machine and it's not running I can safely say they are not afraid to tell you what they think and where they would like you to go!!!

Also had that at the NEC when the big shows were held there, with customers coming on stand and ripping you apart.

Part of the job.

I wouldn't be good at talking to the general public. Some are right tools.

...Vacancy ...

Are you handy with a tool kit?...

Think positive, apply, with a question about what is in the tool kit.  Maybe it includes ThousandyardstareTM contact lenses made to your prescription, that knock out the speech centres of knowlessmen within five seconds of your achieving target lock.

ThousandyardstareTM

I fear such technology is no protection against an incoming carpet bombing attack who doesn't care who gets caught in the blast; I was caught in such a raid by a jihadist at a show when I happened to be talking to stand staff at a show. Maybe their skill and guile in possession of such weapons technology enabled them to survive the attack by retreating to the bunker faster than I could have. It must be a fairly lightweight bunker as I swear I could hear muffled laughter.

Like me, well, having owned a model railway & transport book shop, been a model railway exhibition organiser/exhibitor/trader - gissa job, but considering the commute from Dorset - unfortunately perhaps not.

• RMweb Premium

Well, good luck to the successful applicant.

I'd be interested in asking them the first three questions again after a couple of seasons on the exhibition circuit!

C6T.

Couple of seasons?

More like a couple of shows............

Cheers,

Mick

Couple of seasons?

More like a couple of shows............

Cheers,

Mick

Lightweight! Or perhaps masochism isn't your thing Mick?

When you start to think, “I ain't getting paid enough for this.”

Perhaps you're right!

C6T.

Archived