Warley NEC - All over for another year. Feedback so Far.

wollastonblue

post-120-12595232745961_thumb.jpgpost-120-12595233382134_thumb.jpgpost-120-12595232990743_thumb.jpg This was the stand I was on. That is my Q1 with sound running round which it did hour after hour without problems. Featured are Derek the proprietor and Andrew doing a bit of soldering to the brand new point motors. The pre-production samples had a diode on the wrong way round.

One can see in the second photo what the main priority was throughout the days. I don't know who the guy is but he has to be a trader. looking at the signals display I suspect.

First of all Dewsbury Midland is Scale 7, not FS.

My apologies, slip of terminology.

...Second, Dewsbury is a Warley Layout, the passenger station section being donated to Warley by Bob Essery about 1 year ago. The other part of Dewsbury (the goods station section) is at Butterly at the HMRS HQ.

Because I've been out of mainstream modelling for a little while - other activities have side lined me for the last 10 years - I had not followed the recent fortunes of Dewsbury, even though I was one of the operating team when it was on the exhibition circuit in the 90's, so at least I'm now up to date on that score.

... A leaflet was provided at the show which described the historical background to the layout and a description of the model.

I should have gone to the show and I would have been up to date, but when there are choices, and demands, there are only so many things one can do at once.

So many thanks for clarifying the situation.

Penlan

post-6731-12588456280493_thumb.jpg

Here's the group photo from one o'clock this afternoon. More photos and videos to follow tomorrow.

Paul

Just seen this pic, and I'm the one lurking in the background, with the brown hair, looking up at the K1. I'd completely frgotton about the RM meet up, so its sort of ironic I got in on the photograph!

Cheers,

Stephen

I've got a few photos where I wasn't sure about the layout names - they're now identified so I've updated with name - Cheers.

Paerebongerd-Prengli

4128533907_896c180eba.jpg

There are another couple of pics in my Flickr stream. It was the layout that used cow bells and was near the food court and next to New Ponca Yard.

Penhallick:

4128543145_1df283649d.jpg

Dwarven Fantasy Mining Railway

4129308640_6df802e76c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

HI all

I am the co-owner of the layout Thistlemere that attended Warley this year (2009). Do any of you have videos or photographs of us that could be sent to me?

E-mail graeme@marriottge.fsnet.co.uk

I have got the videos on youtube already.

Thistlemere at http://graememarriott.fotopic.net/

Also our new layout Grathwaite Junction is at http://grathwaite.fotopic.net/

GRaeme

I enjoyed the Warley Show again this year.

One critism was the first aisle of traders was too close together, making a bottle-neck situation when things got busy. I was puzzled by this, as when you looked behind the stands there was loads of space before you reached the wall.

Other than that, great show, great layouts, and I picked up a few bargains!

Archived