Warley NEC - All over for another year. Feedback so Far.

wollastonblue

Damnit! - I've been rumbled! mellow.gif

Well its a well known fact that people north of the Moray Firth still commit to these form of activities :P . Do you guys still burn witches? :blink:

• RMweb Premium

I'm aiming to be there both days. Never been before - only half an hour from home. What's the centrepiece? Or will I recognise it?

It's the K1 Garratt, used on the Welsh Highland Railway.

I'm going, along with a few other members. Not sure which day yet though, I probably won't know what the day is anyway as I am working nights all that weekend so I will be the one carrying the sleeping bag, looking for a place to kip when it all gets too much.

In fact If i sleep by the centre piece just nudge me when you're all there!

Cheers

Scott

I won't be there... but where's the member who came on RMweb last year to :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: about it...??? Hasn't he posted yet???

:icon_razz: :icon_lol: :icon_tongue: :icon_thumbsup2:

• RMweb Gold

I'm packing almost 3000 watts (equiv) of daylight balanced lighting so should be fairly easy to spot in the orange sea of sodium/mercury:)

I'm going to join the scrum on saturday due to work on sunday.

Yeah I'm going to orange tint my spare glasses so I'm already for it and can swap back to the main pair when I go inside cool.gif .

Those horrible lights are the best reason for any exhibitor going to build a lighting rig.

• RMweb Premium

A couple of us are likely to be braving the crowds from the sunny south coast. Personally, I'll be doing a little shopping (Japan Model Railways will be there, along with M G Sharp), as well as specifically hunting out a couple of layouts I have been keen to see for a while...

I am going for the Saturday.

There and back by train from Sunny Glasgow was not possible for the Sunday.

Swore I would never go back .... but missed last year + DEMU due to work trips to Dubai.

Now........... if only I had some money............ might have managed a wee shopping list.

Hot...... fat........grumpy.........and....... Skint - no, not 4 of snow white's pals - but me in Englandshire - best if I wander around on my own.

Stuart

Owner of a former layout thread "blue with yellow faces" - which is at the moment is about 3 months "route learning" away from becoming a blog.

• RMweb Gold

I'll be there, helping out with Penhallick - 55' 6" of pure Withered Arm!

I will certainly get an hour off my demo stand to see Penhallick again.

What a great layout.

It came to Blackburn a couple of years ago and it made a big impression and a really nice group of guys with it too.

Steve.

I'll be there on the Saturday mainly because I have to go to Birmingham anyway to pick up Mrs 10800 returning from a conference in Harrogate and she doesn't need to be dealing with replacement bus services between BNS and Gloucester on a November night. That's my excuse anyway.

I'll be there on the Saturday mainly because I have to go to Birmingham anyway to pick up Mrs 10800 returning from a conference in Harrogate and she doesn't need to be dealing with replacement bus services between BNS and Gloucester on a November night. That's my excuse anyway.

Original that one Rod, will put it in the file for later use. Not sure which day we are going yet but its more than likely saturday at the moment so will watch out for you!

It came to Blackburn a couple of years ago and it made a big impression and a really nice group of guys with it too.

Ah, Blackburn! Yes, that was a very good show. Nice ambience, great people and brilliant organisation. Being on the first floor and never having to wait for the lift when packing up was a masterpiece of planning. Stayed for a week in the Forest of Bowland which was really great - even though the weather was lousy most of the time. :rolleyes:

I'll be on the Signalling Record Society stand on the Saturday. You'll know its me as I'll have "Natalie" written on my badge! Come and speak signalling to me. Bring me your layouts to signal and I'll do my best (and go and find Beast if I can't...)

I'm looking forward to this show as it will be my first since rejoining the band of the employed so will be looking to indulge in some retail therapy- I really could do with some more shoes.....

Hi People,

Yep, I will be there, long trip up though due to engineering works, so intead of the 150 miles by train, i think we are all ending up doing some 300 miles just to get there then that on the return, going to be a long day but where is the normal rm web meetup?

Archived