Warley NEC - All over for another year. Feedback so Far.

wollastonblue

• RMweb Gold

After reporting on last years show stating it wasn't very good overall for modern image layouts I think there was only about half a dozen.

But according to the line up they seem to have addressed that problem so I now have my ticket not sure what day to go on yet ? Hope this one is better this year?

Having been disappointed on more than one visit in the past, I've thought long and hard about whether to go or not but my lad is keen so it looks like I'm going to give it one more go and see if it can live up to all the hype. Layout line-up looks promising and I dare say I can be relieved of some cash (particularly if the Bachmann Cravens arrives!)

Knowing that the lighting in hall 5 is no better than it was on my last visit, maybe a torch is in order for my first purchase!

In some respects, Warley is a little disheartening. Great show, don't get me wrong there, but it fits into a space less than Hall 5, whereas Eurospoor and Koeln Modellbahn would fill both halls Four and Five! But, hey, size ain't everything!

I'll be at K1 on the Saturday!

• RMweb Gold

Eight quid to park though? Is that for real!?

Yes it is and you still have to catch a courtesy bus to the complex.Rip off merchants I say.Park at Tile Hill station in Coventry and catch the train.

Cant make up my mnd whether or not to go. Was a bit disappointed last year and the place is a pig to get to (almost 5 hours on the train from Edinburgh) But it is my weekend off tho I was planning on spending it with the GF. Oh what to do...?

Convince her to go too, and take her out to a show in one of the other halls, or the NIA in one of the evenings ??? unsure.gif

In some respects, Warley is a little disheartening. Great show, don't get me wrong there, but it fits into a space less than Hall 5, whereas Eurospoor and Koeln Modellbahn would fill both halls Four and Five! But, hey, size ain't everything!

I'll be at K1 on the Saturday!

Put the Kettle on... You'll have at least one visitor..... unsure.gif What is stand K1 going to be??

• RMweb Gold

Tile hill used to be free when I went there to eat my sandwiches at lunchtime but I think they've rebuilt the complex since then! How frequent's the service there now?

London Midland run three trains an hour from 9.00am on Saturday 21st.Tile Hill to NEC.

Put the Kettle on... You'll have at least one visitor..... unsure.gif What is stand K1 going to be??

If you can miss a 12":1 foot Beyer Garret loco stood in Hall 5, well, words fail me. :icon_lol:

It'll be roughly central to all the stands - just depends how the hall is arranged!

I'm still undecided whether to go or not. On the one hand, my wife is away that weekend so I know I can go if I want to - there's no danger of me being double-booked with something else! But, on the other hand, since my wife is away that means if I do go I have to take my daughter with me. She likes trains, and enjoys going with me to exhibitions, but Warley is possibly a bit too big - she's likely to start getting bored a long time before I've seen everything. I probably won't decide until I wake up on the Sunday morning! (If we do go, it will be Sunday as I'm expecting it to be less crowded that day).

Mark

• RMweb Gold

I'm still undecided whether to go or not. On the one hand, my wife is away that weekend so I know I can go if I want to - there's no danger of me being double-booked with something else! But, on the other hand, since my wife is away that means if I do go I have to take my daughter with me. She likes trains, and enjoys going with me to exhibitions, but Warley is possibly a bit too big - she's likely to start getting bored a long time before I've seen everything. I probably won't decide until I wake up on the Sunday morning! (If we do go, it will be Sunday as I'm expecting it to be less crowded that day).

Mark

I'm taking my daughter and she is just right to have around at crowded shows - she used to play as a prop-forward in her uni rugby team and for a local club :lol:

I am fortunate enough to be asked to help Graham Muz operate Fisherton Sarum, so will be on stand B32 for both days along with Daniel, my son and St. Simon and his father. Come along and have a look, the layout even features a model of one of the operators (Muz senior) in much younger days bunking the shed.

Mark

If you can miss a 12":1 foot Beyer Garret loco stood in Hall 5, well, words fail me. icon_lol.gif

It'll be roughly central to all the stands - just depends how the hall is arranged!

Ah OK.... I know where you're on about! laugh.gif Having said that, I wear glasses so anything's possible! unsure.gif

Archived