We will be upgrading the forum software Wednesday morning - the site may be down for a while during backup/install.

kirley

KIRLEY JUNCTION

Some CIE coaches on my layout.  They include an SSM Bredin Parcel/Brake coach along with a rake of mixed coaches.

Plus 2 Provincial Wagon kits, GNR Coal Wagons.

[video=youtube;M6bPi1EGIdI]

• Like 5

Nice video's Kieran,the coaches and coal wagons look great  and the layout scenery is fantastic,I can just picture the early CIE rake passing bye in real life.Good to see your layout thread here,look forward to more updates.

UTA U2 locomotive No. 72 gets it's first run out with a light freight load.

IMG_2388.JPG

IMG_2390.JPG

• Like 5

AEC Railcars.

AEC%20Railcar%20GNR.jpg

I completed the build of Worsley Works AEC Railcar kit a while back and then added an SSM K15 coach but when I tried to run it the coach kept shorting.  I tried everything I could think of but it wasn't until Colm Flanagan suggested I change the Wheel Sets that I got the problem solved.  At last I could run the 3 car set.  In the video below the GNR Railcar is joined by a Sliver Fox Set in UTA livery.

• Like 4

GNR(I) VS Class No 208 but with no Teak Carriages.  I did a slight weathering job on the locomotive which you might pick up on half way through the video.

• Like 2

NIR DH Class

This class was designated by NIR to the 3 English Electric locomotives they purchased in 1969.  The model was made by Hidden Agenda and if you know his past work you will not be surprised in the superb result.  The body is crafted from Plasticard sitting on a DCC ready Bachmann Class 3 chassis.

Here is a short video of No.2 busy on Kirley Junction.

Edited by kirley
  • Like 5

To go with No. 2, you should now build a model of NIR's 1975 "high-tec" weed control train. Not be too difficult!

Edited by TheTurfBurner
  • Like 1

That's the first model I've seen of that type of loco. It looks impressive (the model, not the locos,which weren't).  You could have it pull a couple of coaches in NIR maroon "steam" livery at a pinch, as well as doing some shunting and engineering turns. They lurked at York Road most of their lives, it seemed to me.  Three baby GM  types would have been much more useful, but at that time NIR was pretty well wedded to BR type thinking, and  and BR had plenty of  DMUs for branch and lightly loaded trains..

Does anyone know if the DH class actually operated any passenger trains - I think not, but I did hear stories of a railtour planned..

Colm

• Like 2

That's the first model I've seen of that type of loco. It looks impressive (the model, not the locos,which weren't).  You could have it pull a couple of coaches in NIR maroon "steam" livery at a pinch, as well as doing some shunting and engineering turns. They lurked at York Road most of their lives, it seemed to me.  Three baby GM  types would have been much more useful, but at that time NIR was pretty well wedded to BR type thinking, and  and BR had plenty of  DMUs for branch and lightly loaded trains..

Does anyone know if the DH class actually operated any passenger trains - I think not, but I did hear stories of a railtour planned..

Colm

The DHs never operated any revenue carrying passenger trains,being confined to more humble duties.No 2 was allocated to the Great Northern section and started life at Gt Victoria Street as the replacement for the Harlandic for removing the empty carriages from the platforms.i don't know if it was its performance,but the Harlandic quickly re-established its position,until its demise,replacing the loco that had came to replace it!!

As a bye note,I built a couple of these loco's,certainly not to Hiddenagenda's standard for Kieran which is fantastic,for my own layout about 10 years ago,one of which can be seen on my layout thread along with my version of the NIR weed killing train.Modelling NIR in the 70s really gives you a diverse choice of things to model!

• Like 2

Superb video Kieran,pure nostalgia.The railcars in UTA green with the green bus and UT van at the level crossing just shouts 60s,great job

Signal Cabins on Kirley Junction.

Antrim Cabin.

IMG_2914.JPG

IMG_2920.JPG

Clonmel Signal Cabin.

IMG_2924.JPG

IMG_2926.JPG

• Like 2

The signal cabins look superb on the layout,with the interior lighting really bringing them to life. As if that was not enough,a superb looking DH just caps it all

Something a bit different, vehicle action on Kirley Junction. I built one of John Mayner's brass body kit for a Tipper Lorry which is included in the photographs.

IMG_3584.JPG

IMG_3671.JPG

IMG_3674.JPG

IMG_3675.JPG

IMG_3677.JPG

IMG_3678.JPG

IMG_3681.JPG

IMG_3688.JPG

• Like 4