KIRLEY JUNCTION

kirley

You probably can blame me for the narrow K15. Alan did some GNRI coach etches for me back in 2013? to fit on the mainline/Bachmann LMS coaches. Naturally as a result they don't match his "standard" ones

When last I looked the narrow ones are still on his list as quite a lot were built (I did 20 odd...) Colm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kirley Junction [original layout 2012-2019]

Sometime back I was asked for a plan of my layout but never had one.  I gathered up some photographs showing various sections and I put them together in a video.  The layout has undergone a few changes since these photographs were taken.

• Like 4

Hi Kieran,

Great wee video and lovely pictures of the layout.  It looks really well, with loads of typical Irish "charm".  You should be really proud of what you have achieved so far and your "train set" does you much credit.  That is a lot of work.  My hat is well and truly doffed, sir.....

Great to see you at the recent UMRC Show in Belfast - just sorry we didn't get longer to chat.

Tom 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After building Provincial Wagons CIE Cattle Wagons I put them behind some J15's for a run round Kirley Junction.  Some ex GNR(I) Cattle Wagons also make an appearance.  Hope you don't mind the sound effects, that's how I remember these Cattle trains.

Edited by kirley
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Ah, Kieran, your layout is a working advert for my wagons.

Glad to see the first Provincial Wagons Fairs Special, complete with the nice antique GSWR brake van.  Exactly my reason for doing the CIE cattle wagons and from the number of five packs (should that be six-packs?) I've sold, others have got the message. You win the prize for the first completed train.

By a coincidence, I included coverage of the last Fairs Special on the Tullow Branch in a talk I gave here in London last week - 22 of those modern CIE cattle wagons, but a 20 ton brake, two Laminates for IRRS members and a six wheel sleeping car for the staff.

Well done - as ever a delight to see "Your Line".

Leslie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, kirley said:

Jeremy Suter Irish Kits.

Vans completed and at work on Kirley Junction.

IMG_7827x.jpg.dce032e8899020812c783eddaaad6bf0.jpg

IMG_7828x.jpg.1d5e467032f8970d6a789e8921c06264.jpg

IMG_7836x.jpg.fe2f98c73056cc058636c746129d0e6c.jpg

IMG_7838x.jpg.3572a73c381b122dbd99ca51f1138216.jpg

You did well to find a pair of Jeremy Suter Irish Wagons high quality kits and fairly rare.

It looks like you have the  NCC rather than the GNR version of the container wagon, with its distinctive inside sprung axleboxes.

Jeremy produced a small range of Irish wagon kits about 20 years ago GNR(I) IRCH (Irish Railway Clearing House) standard covered van, GNR & NCC  container wagons with bread containers, MGWR Loco Coal wagon, UTA (ex GNR Bread Van?) parcel van and there were plans to produce a GSWR 14' cattle wagon.

I have built the GNR van & container wagon and MGWR coal but have not seen the UTA parcel van.

While the kits were to a high standard Jeremy only  one batch appears to have been produced of each kit with no repeats.

I lucky enough to discover the GNR van kits on Jeremy Suters stall at Warley about 20 years ago and bought the other kits as they were announced on New Irish Lines

• Informative/Useful 1