KIRLEY JUNCTION

kirley

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Really good , the 170s re-liveried look the part at normal viewing distance - quite close up in these shots, so  a good win.  The 450 is that based or Worsely eches - I have some as well and just got some roof mouldings from Bratchell models  to have an easy route to the ribs, but will go for the first livery.

Thanks for showing and inspiration.

Robert     

• Thanks 1

Very enjoyable watching, though I was never a big fan of the 450s - a train which looked modern (in 1985!)  but the power car was still noisy  - I was surprised how  bad it was, given the double glazing and bulkhead  between the engine and passenger accommodation. 

One small item - why not fit the covers to the engines under the bodies of the CAF sets - if you're not too immersed in other projects?  It is a definite feature of these cars and unlike the short lived ones on the old MEDs (which were progressively removed exposing their entrails,)  they still give the train a sleek look.  The "turbostar" units don't have these.   

Colm 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, colmflanagan said:

Very enjoyable watching, though I was never a big fan of the 450s - a train which looked modern (in 1985!)  but the power car was still noisy  - I was surprised how  bad it was, given the double glazing and bulkhead  between the engine and passenger accommodation. 

They were utterly ghastly things to travel in! Even less comfortable than the truly awful MEDs in the 1960s/70s. When they converted a few old MED centre cars to mailbag vans, I always felt sorry for the mailbags.....

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

19 hours ago, colmflanagan said:

One small item - why not fit the covers to the engines under the bodies of the CAF sets - if you're not too immersed in other projects?  It is a definite feature of these cars and unlike the short lived ones on the old MEDs (which were progressively removed exposing their entrails,)  they still give the train a sleek look.  The "turbostar" units don't have these.   

Colm 

Food for thought!

On 29/01/2020 at 08:44, Robert Shrives said:

Really good , the 170s re-liveried look the part at normal viewing distance - quite close up in these shots, so  a good win.  The 450 is that based or Worsely eches - I have some as well and just got some roof mouldings from Bratchell models  to have an easy route to the ribs, but will go for the first livery.

Good luck on your build Robert.  The Castle Class was made many years ago from two Dapol 151/2 Sprinter sets with the intention of building a Worsley Works one later but that has not happened ...yet.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, kirley said:

Good luck on your build Robert.  The Castle Class was made many years ago from two Dapol 151/2 Sprinter sets with the intention of building a Worsley Works one later but that has not happened ...yet.

The Dapol Sprinter was dreadful. Glad that you have found something useful to do with it.