Scale 4mm drawing lancashire & yorkshire railway class 28

I'm trying to track down a 4mm scale drawing of a lancashire & yorkshire class 28 with the belpaire firebox.

I have a craftsman kit which was donated to me by a friend minus boiler & firebox which I want to build into a running model. I've a sheet or brass waiting to make the parts but need to get a drawing first to work from.

Cheers

Simon

• 4 years later...

Does anyone know where I might attain a drawing of the 657 class? Designated '28 Class' later on they were the Belpaire firebox batch built in 1912 with the deep cabs complete with grab bars. I'm aware there is a line drawing in Barry Lane's 'Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Locomotives' book but i'm after an alternative to argument it and the HMRS doesn't have one in their listings.

Regards

Steve 

Class_28-2.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

The L & Y Soc has a list of its works loco drawings you can read through. The drawings are kept in the Archives section at Manchester Central Library and they will dig out the ones you want to look at. When I went to get details of the large boilered 0-8-0 I was able to photograph those I was interested in, but not photocopy them. I'd specify as many likely drawings as possible as you don't always get given what you expected from the drawing description.

Nig H

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip Ray. I've actually got that article as well but do recommend it for anyone else reading this thread who is interested along with 'Locomotives Illustrated 131' (May-June 2000) for photos and titbits concerning the L&Y's various 0-6-0s starting with Barton Wright's Taff Vale like class through to the WW1 'Spare Parts' builds. Essery & Jenkinson's 'LMS Locomotives Volume Two' isn't a bad resource either but with covering so many absorbed classes it naturally doesn't have as many photos.  

I should of specified I was hoping for something more akin to a GA as it's the cylinder+piston layout along with the hidden area of the smokebox cradle i'm wanting to have a close look at but i've done as Nig H recommended so hopefully the society will be able to get back to me with some of the listings i've picked out from their resource page.

Much Obliged  

Steve

Edited by steves17