7mm Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Project; Currently Paused

Indomitable026

• RMweb Premium

Hi Damian,

I'll be following this project with interest, and look forward to seeing it in action.

A quick note about the track layout at Bratton, the points at the north end of the loop were on the curve almost under the roadbridge.

h1nuo1_34nv_l.jpg

You might want to gently curve the track on the scenic section, and then tighten it beyond the bridge where its a sharp curve in a deep cutting.  I presume the bridge will be the scenic break at this end?  

Best of luck with this project,

All the best,

Dave.

I have to agree with DLT and others, the end of the loop under the bridge needs a curved point. It's looking a bit curve, straight, curve trainset at the moment.

Er, how did I miss this insanity?

I think I prefer my sugarcane/passenger Caribbean madness. I want to make some 7mm or 1/4” figures with dreadlocks and gigantic spliffs...

The lack of meat pies (unless someone knows better) may be a deal-breaker though.

Best, Pete.

Er, how did I miss this insanity?

I think I prefer my sugarcane/passenger Caribbean madness. I want to make some 7mm or 1/4” figures with dreadlocks and gigantic spliffs...

The lack of meat pies (unless someone knows better) may be a deal-breaker though.

Best, Pete.

You should know by now we are always up to some sort of no good.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes - so watch this space...

• Like 1

Can I make a small request? Could you apply some filler to the gaps in the pcb on the turnouts? It is such a giveaway of it being a model, and so easy to avoid...

Well, I made the request anyway. What a stupid thing good manners can be...

Yes, absolutely.

Going forward I've learned how to polish the copper clad off rather than the groves. The point I've already built will only be used in the fiidleyard.

Can I make a small request? Could you apply some filler to the gaps in the pcb on the turnouts? It is such a giveaway of it being a model, and so easy to avoid...

Well, I made the request anyway. What a stupid thing good manners can be...

Do it before you lay the rails, so much easier to sand flat

• RMweb Premium

Do it before you lay the rails, so much easier to sand flat

This may be a really stupid idea, but I've wondered in the past whether the acid used to make circuit boards from PCB could be used to neatly remove a patch from the centre of sleepers/timbers?  Has anyone tried this approach, or is it a really daft idea or perhaps not worth the hassle?

This may be a really stupid idea, but I've wondered in the past whether the acid used to make circuit boards from PCB could be used to neatly remove a patch from the centre of sleepers/timbers?  Has anyone tried this approach, or is it a really daft idea or perhaps not worth the hassle?

What are you drinking tonight?

• RMweb Premium

I can't see a problem with it as all copper clad is, is cut up PCB. It used to be possible to get pre gapped copper clad sleeper, obviously not possible with crossing timbers. I look forward to seeing the results if you decide to experiment..