7mm Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Project; Currently Paused

Indomitable026

D, email the photos of the warped sides to Slaters and ask if they will send you a replacement. I've found them very good at supplying replacements for missing or damaged parts.

Fair point but I think I can live with this as it's the inside panel.

I'll bear it in mind for future.

didn't get to much further - no solvent...

If this is the start of things to come from Slaters we are in for a treat - albeit wallet damaging...

btw, Damien what are the litttle lugs on the bottom of the droplights on the inside panels for?

Steve

If this is the start of things to come from Slaters we are in for a treat - albeit wallet damaging...

btw, Damien what are the litttle lugs on the bottom of the droplights on the inside panels for?

Steve

If it's the round lugs around the frame area, they support the foot boards.

post-8734-0-19875100-1489343315_thumb.jpg

If I've misunderstood your question let me know.

These?

attachicon.gifIMG_3440.jpg

Yes that's the chaps, amazing attention to interior detail. I suppose DCC oil lighting will be next?  :scratchhead:

Steve

BTW, there will always be someone who will want to model the droplights in the half open position.....

Yes that's the chaps, amazing attention to interior detail. I suppose DCC oil lighting will be next?  :scratchhead:

Steve

BTW, there will always be someone who will want to model the droplights in the half open position.....

If I'm going to have my windows fully shut or up, do I need to file these flush with the window frame?

• RMweb Premium

The length of the leather straps will depend on how much or how little the windows are open. The straps have a series of holes in and there is a pin on the door, which goes through said holes, when the droplight is in the fully open/down position around 6 inches of strap will still be visible, to allow for pulling the droplight back up.

• RMweb Gold

Some windows when pulled fully up, closed, sit on a ledge and you lift them with the strap and drop them down into the door to open them. When they are fully closed you then see the strap sticking up like on the model. The strap is only tight to the frame when the window is partially dropped or fully down. The strap is fixed, (pointing up the window), to the bottom of the window frame so what you're seeing sticking up is the strap curving over and hanging down inside.

This is how they look when the window is open, tight to the frame as they are under tension.

http://dewi.ca/trains/2004/IOWsteam/pict0013.jpg

Some do retain the window closed using the strap itself but then the windows just relies on the strap all the time and they obviously wear out faster.

Edited by PaulRhB

Here are a couple of photos of the straps on the new L&B coaches that might be useful. Sorry the second one is sideways, but I've just changed from using Picasa in Windows to Shotwell in Linux, and Picasa used to export them in the right orientation, but Shotwell doesn't seem to, and I haven't sussed out a quick and efficient way to do it yet!

post-7091-0-37707100-1489427220_thumb.jpg

post-7091-0-33694100-1489427222_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here are a couple of photos of the straps on the new L&B coaches that might be useful. Sorry the second one is sideways, but I've just changed from using Picasa in Windows to Shotwell in Linux, and Picasa used to export them in the right orientation, but Shotwell doesn't seem to, and I haven't sussed out a quick and efficient way to do it yet!

attachicon.gifDSCF6265.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF6266.JPG

Very useful pictures, thank you

I'd started to realise that the internal panels were painted white/ cream and this confirms it.

Bridge related question for Ross...

How far above the plywood trackbed will the top of rails be?

ie Are you putting cork or some other underlay between the track and ply trackbed?

Spams,

The track will be straight on to the board, there'll be no cork for any sort of ballast shoulder as their didn't appear to be any in the station area.

post-8734-0-32406700-1489832681_thumb.png

It looks to be a maximum of 5mm to the top of the rail.