Bachmann announce Class 117 and Class 121 at Collectors Club event

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 89A said:

Seems very quite on the Kernow website. The suspense is making me jittery.

52 minutes ago, 3rd Rail Exile said:

It's quite quiet, I agree :) 

While websites can be updated from any suitable location (doesn't have to be in a shop) we know their shops are on reduced staffing and are busy with existing orders.  I'm sure all will be well and these will be with us very soon now.  

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 89A said:

Seems very quite on the Kernow website. The suspense is making me jittery.

1 hour ago, 3rd Rail Exile said:

It's quite quiet, I agree :) 

They were covered in the newsletter last week with the 'exclusive' bubble cars clearly noted as 'June delivery'.  And the website is open for pre-orders of both them and the 'exclusive' 3 car sets (as well as the 'standard' livery version of course).

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

While websites can be updated from any suitable location (doesn't have to be in a shop) we know their shops are on reduced staffing and are busy with existing orders.  I'm sure all will be well and these will be with us very soon now.  

3 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

They were covered in the newsletter last week with the 'exclusive' bubble cars clearly noted as 'June delivery'.  And the website is open for pre-orders of both them and the 'exclusive' 3 car sets (as well as the 'standard' livery version of course).

image.png.7b7b82a7babb9b6ab691b60b4663ebc5.png

Not for the first time, my attempt at mild humour based on a typo fails miserably... 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

G'day all! Just received the Bachmann delivery note, so our B&G + Green Class 117's and all of the 121's have been despatched! They should start hitting shelves from tomorrow onwards....

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, pheaton said:

I Take it the NSE one is excluded from this @Derails Models?

Doh! I did it again!

Yes this delivery excludes the NSE one, which is due on the next container. Edited original post to reflect

Edited by Derails Models
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 16/06/2020 at 14:39, TomE said:

Have to say that both the 117 and 121 look utterly superb. You surely can't look at those models and think they are not worth the price Bachmann are asking. 

N Gauge next, please Mr. Bachmann!!

Tom.  

Absolutely Tom,

I’ve been praying for them to announce an N gauge one for years! Please hear us Bachmann/Farish!

This is superb & am so jealous, if only I had the room for OO Lol

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

Class 37 loco group say they have got theirs 121s:

Roy

Yep, this is where I ordered mine from earlier this evening. Would always rather the money go to a preservation society or a heritage railway than a box shifter.

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Markn said:

Yep, this is where I ordered mine from earlier this evening. Would always rather the money go to a preservation society or a heritage railway than a box shifter.

All of whom must have retail premises which is a Bachmann condition of supply. They are struggling for their existence right now with overhead costs to meet and bills to pay. The 37g is a worthy exception I am sure but please can we kick that box shifter phrase finally into touch.Look up at Little Dan’s post from Derails as an example. This is a small business run by enthusiasts which provides superb service..That is just one of a number which provide a source for all kinds of modelling necessities not just boxes .

• Agree 11
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Completely agree with Ian . Derails is a fantastic shop to deal with , in my case over the phone .And that level of service definitely should be supported.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I buy from my local model shops - one is about 30 miles away and the other one is a nice day out on a train away.  While preservation societies obviously need support at this time (cheque in the post earlier this week) so do model shops some of whom have gone the long mile and more to continue supplying modellers during the lockdown period.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Don't get me wrong, derails do provide a good service. I've ordered from them before and will do again. The box shifter comment was not aimed at them. There's so many model shops, many of which do provide an excellent service. Just my personal preference to buy locos where I can from preservation groups and heritage railways.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 17/06/2020 at 23:41, Markn said:

Dan is a greater than average volunteer at the Dean Forest Railway, and often puts this ahead of ahead business...  if you visit there, you never know where you might find him...

He even took time out from the shop to come say hello to me and my little one, on a rain sodden morning last october during a visit to the railway... and I mean soaking wet.. the was more water in Parkend than in the River Severn.

we all have day jobs, but we all have weekends too.

(I did ask if he thought the DFR would entertain a home to a 142 but he said everyone there laughed..so theres still room for improvement though).

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Well thanks for the compliments guys, but I can't take all of the credit: there's a great small team here keeping everything going and they've done flippin' well given the circumstances and pressure they've come under over the past few months! I'm very proud to work alongside them.

6 hours ago, adb968008 said:

He even took time out from the shop to come say hello to me and my little one, on a rain sodden morning last october during a visit to the railway... and I mean soaking wet.. the was more water in Parkend than in the River Severn.

Oh man, what a day that was! Swear we had more rain that day than we did for the rest of the year! We took the Saloon didn't we, which was slightly pointless as the windows steamed up so quickly we couldn't see a thing!

6 hours ago, adb968008 said:

(I did ask if he thought the DFR would entertain a home to a 142 but he said everyone there laughed..so theres still room for improvement though).

However much I'd love to guard a 142 (automatic doors would be so much easier to deal with!), unfortunately the Class 108's we have would get jealous! Jokes aside, our DMU group have done so well to immaculately restore their 5 x Class 108 cars (one of which is an rare centre car) in my own opinion, they're more than capable for our MU demands. I may put the case for a full 2+9 HST forward though....... ;)

But this is about Class 117's and 121's so back on topic - with one of the new Class 117's on my desk, I can safely say they're a cracker! With the photobooth packed away, there's no photos to accompany this post but if you've got one on order, you're in for a treat! 

Ciao!

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Derails Models said:

But this is about Class 117's and 121's so back on topic - with one of the new Class 117's on my desk, I can safely say they're a cracker! With the photobooth packed away, there's no photos to accompany this post but if you've got one on order, you're in for a treat! 

Ciao!

I’d better start saving up now for a plain BR Blue one then, so I can afford it when Bachmann decides to produce one.

• Agree 4

Really sorry if the answer to this question is elsewhere, but if it is I can't find it!

Does anyone know what the destination displays are on the Bachmann 117's and 121's?

The only reference I can find is that one end of the NSE 117 is 'Reading'.

I could really do with knowing what they all are but especially the Blue/Grey versions of both the 117 and 121.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Rodders

24 minutes ago, rodney21 said:

Really sorry if the answer to this question is elsewhere, but if it is I can't find it!

Does anyone know what the destination displays are on the Bachmann 117's and 121's?

The only reference I can find is that one end of the NSE 117 is 'Reading'.

I could really do with knowing what they all are but especially the Blue/Grey versions of both the 117 and 121.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Rodders

Blue/grey 121 is Newquay and Par, blue/grey 117 is Oxford and Banbury.

All I can find for NSE 121 is Paddington at one end and for the NSE 117, what looks like Gatwick Airport at one end.

Edited by BR(S)

46 minutes ago, BR(S) said:

Blue/grey 121 is Newquay and Par, blue/grey 117 is Oxford and Banbury.

All I can find for NSE 121 is Paddington at one end and for the NSE 117, what looks like Gatwick Airport at one end.

The NSE 117 is reviewed in Rail Express this month and has 'Reading' and 'Gatwick Airport'.