Bachmann announce Class 117 and Class 121 at Collectors Club event

Andy Y

On 28/03/2020 at 11:05, Class 158 productions said:

Should be interesting to compare with dapols offering, I assume the benefits are the lower floor and a better paint job. Personally I have found the Bachmann 158 mechanism rather loud, hopefully this is not the case on the 117/121s.

It will be fascinating to compare. I wonder if Model Rail will mention Dapol's in its review, seeing as BRM didn't (and didn't even mention that the Dapol one exists).

• Agree 1

On 29/03/2020 at 12:27, SouthernMafia said:

Any news on the Dacia Sandero ?

Great news indeed, still can't decide if I'm getting a Blue Grey or NSE...might have to be both !

I gather it's still coming... [late news, a truck ran it over..]:jester: PS As a Morris Ital owner, I do have a sense of humour...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mel_H said:

It will be fascinating to compare. I wonder if Model Rail will mention Dapol's in its review, seeing as BRM didn't (and didn't even mention that the Dapol one exists).

I know it’s rather odd, many of the features they bragged about, e.g the speedo cable. Are actually included in the Dapol model, you just have to fit it yourself. They are very nice models but the Bachmann will be better and run nicer.

On 01/04/2020 at 16:37, Mel_H said:

I've just reviewed it - well a couple of weeks ago, actually. I compared it with my collection of Dapol ones while writing the review. It went to press today. In the current situation I'm assuming everything will be as normal until it isn't. (CJL)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

The review in Hornby Magazine has a fair few photos and it looks very nice. Not been a big fan of Bachmann”s recent offerings, but this one looks fantastic. I think one will be heading my way soon to join my Dapol 121s and 122s. 

Roy

At the last update the blue/grey version was due for release this month.  I wonder if there has been any update from Bachmann as to whether the current situation will have impacted on this?  I've not seen anything to indicate where we are.  It would be handy to know although in the great scheme of things probably and rightly the last thing on people's agendas, I've got quite a "spending bulge" planned for this year if all the proposed delivery dates are met so my financial planning might need a rejig if things are slipping!

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Class 158 productions said:

Nope, both are dc. My 150s and older 166s and 158s are a lot quieter. I think it could be the exposed cardan shafts. But I am hoping the dmus are quieter especially with only one motor on the 121. 

I'm sorry.  It was a little joke for these drab times!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

At the last update the blue/grey version was due for release this month.  I wonder if there has been any update from Bachmann as to whether the current situation will have impacted on this? 

Kernow MRC's newsletter last Friday indicated they were expected during this month.  The current situation may delay things somewhat but if they have already been made and are in transit then they will find their way to the retailers in due course.  

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

If there are reviews on YouTube and elsewhere of the production version, these have traditionally been from a small batch that are airfreighted so magazines etc. can have one to review in the issue that comes out when the main batch arrive by sea, so they are in peoples minds on general release. So they should be on their way by sea, although this may take longer than usual with fewer ships operating and those that are making more po,rt calls on route.

I really REALLY hope Bachmann shrink the Class 117 & give us a Farish N gauge one! It looks superb!

So pretty please Bachmann, us N gauges are crying out for larger suburban DMUs too...

Cheers,

Mark

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, 1977joey said:

I really REALLY hope Bachmann shrink the Class 117 & give us a Farish N gauge one! It looks superb!

So pretty please Bachmann, us N gauges are crying out for larger suburban DMUs too...

Cheers,

Mark

I entirely agree.

• Like 2

Release date updates:

• 35-500 Class 117 3-Car DMU BR Green (Speed Whiskers) May-20
  • 35-501 Class 117 3-Car DMU BR Blue & Grey May-20
  • 35-502 Class 117 3-Car DMU BR Network SouthEast (Revised) Jun-20
  • 35-525 Class 121 Single-Car DMU BR Green (Speed Whiskers) May-20

• 35-526 Class 121 Single-Car DMU BR Blue & Grey May-20

• 35-527 Class 121 Single-Car DMU BR Network SouthEast (Revised) May-20

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 09/04/2020 at 15:45, 1977joey said:

Cheers,

Mark

When the Bachmann 117 was announced I mentioned to a Bachman Rep at one of the exhibitions (might have been TINGS) how nice a Graham Farish version would be.  I got the impression that I wasn't the only person to say the same thing although the response was understandably non-committal but that they would think about it.

Fingers crossed that it will be announced some time, it seems like a "no-brainer" in terms of pent-up demand, but I appreciate that these things don't just happen over night.

• Agree 2

The way things are done now, you’re likely to get three months notice at most, if they ever appear. A bubble car trailer would be nice but as one hasn’t been produced at the same time as the power car, provision for DCC might need a bit of head scratching.