Dapol 08

Kickstart

Hi Peter,

When you say " limited edition green loco ", which particular one do you mean? I have one of the early green ones unnumbered on order with Hattons, would it be one of these ?

Martyn.

As far as I'm aware these are only available via DCC Supplies and are the standard green bonnet and wasp stripes (and typical colouring for most of green class 08's) and not the green with black bonnet version with wasp stripes that everyone else will be getting (which is a not so typical and an unusual choice of colour scheme... see previous posts on this thread). DCC Supplies are not discounting these.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

The DCC Supplies website says the limited edition green loco is in stock with delivery in mid November so presumably they were part of the first batch to arrive. I image the sound fitted ones will take longer; when someone has one I'd be very interested to see a picture, the DCC Supplies site just has the drawing that's been there all along.

Peter

Great news, I had assumed Dapol meant just all blue versions arriving first off, so DCC Supplies will be after the balance payment soon...

There is an image of just the decorated bodyshell - no fittings or chassis:

http://www.dccsupplies.com/csp/dcc/dcc/products/opt2/400/111633_preorder_special_edition_o_gauge_class_08_d3120_br_green_by_dapol.jpg

Regards, Gerry.

The DCC Supplies website says the limited edition green loco is in stock with delivery in mid November so presumably they were part of the first batch to arrive. I image the sound fitted ones will take longer; when someone has one I'd be very interested to see a picture, the DCC Supplies site just has the drawing that's been there all along.

Peter

For info ...DCC Supplies do not have in stock yet and are expected towards end of November. If you go to their website it says they are in stock but this is just so you can put a deposit down, but they are not physically in stock yet.

Cheers

They also had the collectors club version, which I heard them tell someone that if they join the club for £25 they get the collectors club 08 for £145, so £170 total.

Sorry if it has been mentioned earlier but what is the Collector's Club version?

When it says they have now been completed - I wonder if that means they have now corrected the black paint the last version had on the yellow radiator fronts - fingers crossed.

According to the photos on Hattons site - it looks like it has been corrected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That certainly saves a load of trouble.

It seems Dapol do listen to their customers and Richard has got his paintbrush out instead of me............

On 08202 according to the Hatton's photos it appears there is some Black missing on the side off the wasp stripes but that is much easier to correct along with the cab roof.

• RMweb Premium

Hatton has images up by the looks of it https://hattonsimages.blob.core.windows.net/products/7D-008-002_1047217_Qty1_1.jpg

Apparently my unnumbered BR Blue one has been dispatched, BR 08202 still waiting. (Correction, my 08202 is also dispatched).

Edited by maq1988
  • Like 1

According to the photos on Hattons site - it looks like it has been corrected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That certainly saves a load of trouble.

It seems Dapol do listen to their customers and Richard has got his paintbrush out instead of me............

On 08202 according to the Hatton's photos it appears there is some Black missing on the side off the wasp stripes but that is much easier to correct along with the cab roof.

It seems that it's actually true to the prototype. Although I don't know why Dapol chose such an unusual?? livery variation.

http://railphotoarchive.org/rpc_zoom.php?img=0999000029000

Guest Q663368

Here's a side view.

attachicon.gifDapol Class 08.jpg

And an Inside view. ZIMO sound decoder fitted with my own custom Class 08 sound. The Dapol sound-fitted are not available just yet.

attachicon.gifDapol Class 08 3.jpg

Hi Paul,

I am ordering my Zimo from Digitrains, your sound. Could you please tell me which speaker you used.

Kindest regards

Alan

Kind regards,

Paul

Here's a side view.

attachicon.gifDapol Class 08.jpg

And an Inside view. ZIMO sound decoder fitted with my own custom Class 08 sound. The Dapol sound-fitted are not available just yet.

attachicon.gifDapol Class 08 3.jpg

Hi Paul,

I am ordering my Zimo from Digitrains, your sound. Could you please tell me which speaker you used.

Kindest regards

Alan

Kind regards,

Paul

Alan,

I found the Dapol suggested speaker fitting to be 'interesting' though well engineered.

I tried several types and found the ZIMO LS 40 x 22 x 09 twin driver unit, the same type as the ones I fitted to the HST in last months Hornby Magazine, to be the best in my judgement. I'm sure others will have their own ideas.

This speaker fits vertically, immediately behind the open radiator grille, there's loads of room, and was attached with sticky black mastic.

The model looks great and runs exceptionally well, especially as I've added a 144,000uF stay alive supercapacitor.

Kind regards,

Paul

• Like 1