Dapol 08

Kickstart

Shove a PayPal thing through...

There is a flaw in the organisation. Names that come through on orders bear no relationship to all your user names on RMWEB, so all I can do is make sure everyone gets them.....

(There seems to be a vast number of 08s out in the wild!)

OK will do. Can I also put my name down for two sets of guard irons. I will add those to the PayPal payment.

Steve

• RMweb Premium

Would you mind moving your tent back a little please?  There isn't enough room for my sleeping bag and plastic sheet.

Lucky bu99ers.........all I got to sleep in is the box from my Lionheart 4 car set..........it's nice and roomy though!  :mosking:

Edited by boxbrownie

I haven't finished the artwork for the guard iron etch sheets yet, and then there will be a delay while they're done - so as yet (before I commission the etches) I looking to see how many are Wanted, but I'm not taking payments for them.

...so as yet (before I commission the etches) I looking to see how many are Wanted, but I'm not taking payments for them.

Plus he has to let his Paypal account cool down a bit first, or else they'll get suspicious of all these "gift" payments he's getting!! :jester:

But seriously folks, if you do send money as a "gift", don't then put in the message box "payment for XYZ" or suchlike; they will notice and enquire - it happened to a member on here doing raffle tickets for a Show.

A great pile went in the post box at 1.00pm today, consisting of all orders paid for at that time.

Do let me know if anyone has any problems.

To do with 08 wipers, obviously.

Just to let people know, I have commissioned the guard iron etch sheets, and although I won't get a price until some time after they are delivered to me - I am expecting them to work out at £4 a set.

I won't take any actual orders until I have them!

Best,

Giles

• Like 1

Do let me know if anyone has any problems.

To do with 08 wipers, obviously.

Dear Aunty Giles, I have a problem I wish to complain about in the strongest possible terms.

My 08 wipers only arrived in the post today. Such a tardy delivery service is really not good enough - one is inclined to think that the bad influence of Dapol's delivery times (especially for their 08) is influencing the By Giles Company also.

What I am especially annoyed about is why my order didn't arrive before I had placed it; after all I had to join the back of a very long virtual queue for this item, so a pre-order delivery would have saved me several seconds of my precious time.

Please try and do better next time.

Harrumph!!

Signed, Mad of F-Unitland.

:jester:

Dear Aunty Giles, I have a problem I wish to complain about in the strongest possible terms.

My 08 wipers only arrived in the post today. Such a tardy delivery service is really not good enough - one is inclined to think that the bad influence of Dapol's delivery times (especially for their 08) is influencing the By Giles Company also.

What I am especially annoyed about is why my order didn't arrive before I had placed it; after all I had to join the back of a very long virtual queue for this item, so a pre-order delivery would have saved me several seconds of my precious time.

Please try and do better next time.

Harrumph!!

Signed, Mad of F-Unitland.

:jester:

Dear little maddened F-Unit,

I apologise for the shortcomings of the service you have received. This is entirely due to the failings of the Royal Mail, who singularly failed to deliver the item before I posted it. Rest assured that I took this matter up with them yesterday - however to no avail.

Sadly, you can look forward to more poor service.

Have a lovely weekend on your hands a knees searching for the wipers you dropped....

Best

Giles.

• RMweb Premium

Have a lovely weekend on your hands a knees searching for the wipers you dropped....

Best

Giles.

And on that note, lovely to include a few for the "carpet monster"...........thank you Giles, brilliant and look forward to the irons soon. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

And on that note, lovely to include a few for the "carpet monster"...........thank you Giles, brilliant and look forward to the irons soon. 

On that note, exactly how many items are in a "modellers dozen"?

Kev.

Edited by SHMD
  • Like 1

I bumped into my dealer today and he dealt me a set of wipers <sniffs, looks around fertively>. Ha ha!

In all seriousness, Giles was approached by a strange fellow (me) whilst at the wonderful Reading show. And when reaquainted, Giles had a spare pack of wipers for me! I had to scrape around for change as Id spent all my pocket money on bits and bobs as well as a loco chassis alignment jig-just managed to get some coinage for my dealer of 7mm detailing parts! We had a lovely chat whilst watching a Dapol 08 shunting coal wagons back and forth to a coal Tippler-which had a rather noisey sound track.

The wipers are lovely and fine-AND yes I nearly lost one to the carpet monster!

All of these little details will make our 08s look just right.

Thanks again Giles.

It was lovely to catch up with one or two others inc Brian Daniels et al and the traders that I dealt with were a joy.

Kind regards to all,

CME.