Heljan 'O' Gauge 61xx Large Prairie

Guest 47107

• 10 months later...

61xx.jpg.cb7e5fb397bca5b7f7cf023c16d01f69.jpg

Just to let everyone know, we currently have some huge savings on the Heljan O gauge Class 61xx Large Prairie 2-6-2 Tank Locomotives.

NOW ONLY £395 each!

Saving over £300.00 off the RRP (699.00)

We currently have nine versions to choose from.

Limited stock is available so first come first serve.

Click here for more details

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

They have been discounted by a number of stores, it would appear that Heljan have shifted their remaining stocks allowing some bargains to be had. A&H in Brackley have all liveries at £495.00.

Rails appear to have the best deal, although they don’t have all the liveries left. I nabbed a lined green one at this price, but haven’t opened it yet!

The model is fine, and well detailed.  It runs reasonably well, although the rear driving axle has excessive float and can allow the loco to ride up when changing direction. 6106 (shown above) needed some drive train lubrication and this seems to help.

No significant QA issues as far as I am aware, however there is always a chance of bits adrift in packaging.

For DCC, it has an board with socket for ‘Lok’ decoders.  This is easily removed for other types.

Its one of my favourites.

Neal

• RMweb Gold

Nothing wrong with them all at. It is a great model. I have one.

Dealers tend to move on old stock which they might have over stocked in the first place and is now not selling. When any new loco comes on to the market there will be the initial surge of people buying but this will soon die down but moving on a year unsold stock will languish.

Cheers, Ade.

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

When any new loco comes on to the market there will be the initial surge of people buying but this will soon die down but moving on a year unsold stock will languish.

Despite some of the retailers consistently advising an early purchase of every new release as "demand is bound to be high for this popular item", I don't recall many O gauge items actually selling out that quickly and many are eventially discounted.

Whilst this is a nice model, it's not a completely typical small branch loco and at the original price, with competition from their own mogul, I'm not that surprised they didnt shift them all.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Thanks 1

I nabbed a returned one for 250 off the Heljan stand at warley, it apprently ran rough. Chucked it on the test track there and it was alright tbh. 

im really happy with it, it overshadows my pannier and 08 nicely and weighs a tonne! Just need to sort a decoder now.

Edited by Erixtar1992
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...