Heljan 'O' Gauge 61xx Large Prairie

Guest 47107

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw the pre-production model on Heljan's stand at Telford yesterday: the body looks superb but the driving wheels have very strange looking balance weights which allow the spokes to show through. Completely spoils the look of the chassis and would certainly stop me from buying one.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Saw the pre-production model on Heljan's stand at Telford yesterday: the body looks superb but the driving wheels have very strange looking balance weights which allow the spokes to show through. Completely spoils the look of the chassis and would certainly stop me from buying one.

Jeff

Transparent weights?  :scratchhead:

• 2 months later...

Hmmmm,

Appreciate this is a pre-production shot, but there is something not quite right.

Smoke box handrails aside, the downstand frame below the running plate looks too deep.

Decoration is an easier fix.

Or is it me....?

Guest Isambarduk

"Say it's my lack of GWR knowledge if I am incorrect, but does the lining not look a little "thick"?"

AFAIK, they did not receive lining in GWR days, only later in the BR era, as in the fourth photo.   David

• RMweb Premium

"Say it's my lack of GWR knowledge if I am incorrect, but does the lining not look a little "thick"?"

AFAIK, they did not receive lining in GWR days, only later in the BR era, as in the fourth photo.   David

I used "GWR" as a region area not an era specific question sorry, I was commenting on the only one with lining of course....the BR lined version, it still looks a bit thick, even for BR  :paint:

But as mentioned above if these are just mock ups then my question may well be void anyway.

Edited by boxbrownie

Miss Prism said : Chimney body diameter should be 11.3mm.

Dapol may have spotted their undernourished chimney, but if not, 0 gauge has no shortage of 'modellers' and Walsall  Model Industries do a lost-wax Large Prairie chimney, product code: W2454 price £7.95.....

post-6680-0-59248500-1479810066_thumb.jpg

post-6680-0-31618400-1479810069.jpg

• Like 1