Revolution Ben

HI Ben and Mike,

Would there be any mileage in bringing an additional retailler on board who would be willing to take a batch to get this project across the line? I’m sure people would be buying them up like there’s no tomorrow once they see the completed models and high standards that you have achieved in terms of the level of detailing.

I’ve already ordered 7 NSE sets and if I order any more, my wife might leave me! Ha ha!! (Maybe I could sneak another one or two in!)

Best regards,

Jeremy

P.S - i think the next model should be the class 90. I reckon you’d sell a bucket load like the class 92.

Jeremy my wife was already giving me disapproving looks because I have 3nse sets on order and I am saving for at least one, hopefully 2 silverlink sets before the deadline. I am looking forward to telling her someone has 7sets on order later :).

I don't know if this is the place for this chat, but I totally agree on the class 90. I would be saving up for 11 units if someone did a better model than the farish one and found a nice way to fit the airdam (maybe something like dapols mk3 dvt?). Think of the options, the list for maids morten would look something like below and I am only modelling about 50% of the class 90s time period.

2x intercity swallow

1x intercity mainline

2x rfd

1x frieghliner in grey

1x RES

1x virgin

1x ews

2x specials 90128 and 90129.

I know not all liveries would be directly possible something with a white basecoat would be good. Otherwise just taking any of the feasable options and stripping it back to start from scratch.

Ah you have got me excited now :).....

• Like 2

Jeremy my wife was already giving me disapproving looks because I have 3nse sets on order and I am saving for at least one, hopefully 2 silverlink sets before the deadline. I am looking forward to telling her someone has 7sets on order later :).

I don't know if this is the place for this chat, but I totally agree on the class 90. I would be saving up for 11 units if someone did a better model than the farish one and found a nice way to fit the airdam (maybe something like dapols mk3 dvt?). Think of the options, the list for maids morten would look something like below and I am only modelling about 50% of the class 90s time period.

2x intercity swallow

1x intercity mainline

2x rfd

1x frieghliner in grey

1x RES

1x virgin

1x ews

2x specials 90128 and 90129.

I know not all liveries would be directly possible something with a white basecoat would be good. Otherwise just taking any of the feasable options and stripping it back to start from scratch.

Ah you have got me excited now :).....

That's a nice list of 90's. I have 23 class 86's, the majority of which still need respraying! The 321's will be great and I do hope Ben and Mike get enough orders to get them off to tooling with EP's for TINGS and delivered to our doorsteps for Christmas! No pressure guys! :laugh: 

Coat, hat, taxi, gone...!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gang;

Well....I have stuck my hand in the 'virtual' wallet again and ordered another 320...this time with DCC Sound.

I'm really, really, really hoping that these are going to get the required orders by the end of March.

Later;

Stu from EGDL

• 1 month later...

Hi Ben and Mike,

Great news on the arrival of the pendolinos and I’m sure everyone is looking forward to receiving them.

How are the 321 orders coming along bearing in mind the deadline of the end of March is now looming? Really hope there is enough to get the project going.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ben and Mike,

Great news on the arrival of the pendolinos and I’m sure everyone is looking forward to receiving them.

How are the 321 orders coming along bearing in mind the deadline of the end of March is now looming? Really hope there is enough to get the project going.

Best regards,

Jeremy

They sent out a newsletter recently. I think it said that they were extending the deadline by a few weeks.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jeremy,

Yes - we have extended it by a few weeks to the end of April - it was in our latest newsletter. Has it gone into your spam folder? You might want to check in case there are any deadlines coming up that may be relevant to you.

This model still isn't at the minimum number of orders required, but we do accept that some may, understandably, be waiting for their Pendolinos.

As we are only now starting to send them out it seemed sensible to extend slightly, but we do want to get this sorted one way or the other very soon.

Cheers

Ben A.

I'm really hoping these get across the line - I've been surprised as they'll make a great addition to the n gauge range.

So surprised but hopefully the Pendo being delivered will get things moving. After all the Pendo struggled initially.

Cheers

John

Hi Jeremy,

Yes - we have extended it by a few weeks to the end of April - it was in our latest newsletter. Has it gone into your spam folder? You might want to check in case there are any deadlines coming up that may be relevant to you.

This model still isn't at the minimum number of orders required, but we do accept that some may, understandably, be waiting for their Pendolinos.

As we are only now starting to send them out it seemed sensible to extend slightly, but we do want to get this sorted one way or the other very soon.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for you reply. I did receive the newsletter but only read the bit about the pendolinos! Ooops!

Is it worth transferring this thread into the main section for revolution trains so it’s easier for people to find?

Great news on the deadline extension and hoping the pendo’s will inspire those who haven’t yet placed an order to go ahead and place one.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ben,

Is it worth transferring this thread into the main section for revolution trains so it’s easier for people to find?

Great news on the deadline extension and hoping the pendo’s will inspire those who haven’t yet placed an order to go ahead and place one.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

I think only the moderators can do that - but I agree it seems like a good idea.  I hadn't realised it wasn't in our area TBH.

cheers

Ben A.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeremy,

We will have a look at the 321 numbers and make a decision, but at the moment it's probably more sensible to focus on getting the Pendolinos out as fast as we can!

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for coming back to me. Appreciate the Pendolino's are the main focus at the moment. Lets hope the numbers are enough to get going on the 321.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi All

I think it is worth extending the deadline until the end of May. Everyone should have received their Pendolinos by then, even those on far off shores, and that could bring in more orders.

Cheers,

Ged

Would it also be worth adding a payment plan similar to the class 92 to spread the payments a little and attract more buyers to the party?

Best regards,

Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,

Mike and I feel exactly the same way!

We were going to kill it before, but some people made the point that potential customers could be waiting for their Pendolinos before committing, so we were persuaded to extend the deadline.

And having decided to do that it would seem silly to kill the project before we have actually sent out all the Pendolinos.  But yes, once that is done we will be making a final decision straight after because Mike and I are both uncomfortable about how long we have been holding on to people's money.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

Obviously I want the project the go ahead, but which ever way it goes I can only say thank you for sticking your necks out and trying to find a way to get us all the amazing ready to run products that no one else is willing to make.

I can totally appreciate that you will at time's end up with no win situations, like you've probably had at times with this project. I just hope it doesn't put you off.

All the best and keep up the good work.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

As Ben said we had hoped and planned to make the decision on the 320/321 much earlier for exactly the point that Paul raises (ie that we don't want to hold people's deposits).  We'd hoped that the Pendolino would have been with us (and out to customers) well before our deadline but we're still sending them out. We printed a load of flyers to go in with the Pendo and of course all the dates for cut-offs etc are wrong as we were too optimistic.

I haven't looked at the exact numbers but orders for 320/321 have clearly picked up with the delivery of the Pendolino. We remain cautiously optmistic!

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,

Mike and I feel exactly the same way!

We were going to kill it before, but some people made the point that potential customers could be waiting for their Pendolinos before committing, so we were persuaded to extend the deadline.

And having decided to do that it would seem silly to kill the project before we have actually sent out all the Pendolinos.  But yes, once that is done we will be making a final decision straight after because Mike and I are both uncomfortable about how long we have been holding on to people's money.

cheers

Ben A.

So is my bank manager!

As Ben said we had hoped and planned to make the decision on the 320/321 much earlier for exactly the point that Paul raises (ie that we don't want to hold people's deposits).  We'd hoped that the Pendolino would have been with us (and out to customers) well before our deadline but we're still sending them out. We printed a load of flyers to go in with the Pendo and of course all the dates for cut-offs etc are wrong as we were too optimistic.

I haven't looked at the exact numbers but orders for 320/321 have clearly picked up with the delivery of the Pendolino. We remain cautiously optmistic!

Cheers, Mike

Hi Mike,

It's encouraging to hear that orders have picked up.on the 321. Clearly the delivery of the excellent Pendolinos have encouraged people to order some so lets hope it all comes good. I've already got 7 NSE versions on order so maybe I'll put in for one more! Every little helps! :D

Best regards,

Jeremy

• RMweb Premium

I like my Pendolino’s so much I want to concentrate on the current era if these sets go ahead is there a chance I could change my NSE order for a London midland livery?

• RMweb Premium

Boco - that should be no problem. Please drop me us an email in a couple of weeks (to let the Pendolino work die down).

Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike I’ll drop you an email later in the month.