Revolution Ben

3 hours ago, Stu from EGDL said:

Hi Gang,

A chat with Mike at the Stevenage show last month revealed that they are still in discussion with the factory and things are progressing. There is some hope that a factory change may have made some of the less popular liveries a little more viable in terms of minimum print runs. 

There has been a very long gestation period for this model and it has previously been in real danger of cancellation. It has taken a long time to get ‘over the line’ and now it has then I look forward to seeing a great model in the making given Revolution’s track record to date.

I don’t envy the guys with having to trawl through all the orders and pre-orders to whittle down the options and liveries to everyone’s preferences!!

Maybe some more news to come at Glasgow show.....

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

So has the tooling started then Stu?

Best regards,

Jeremy

Doesn't sound so good if they are still at the discussion stage with the factory :huh:.  I thought the model was confirmed and going forwards.

I don't envy revolution at all and I'm very greatful that they've stuck there necks out to try and bring us thing's other's aren't willing to.

Must not forget that we also see big delays from the other manufacturers (I've had a class 86  from Dapol with a mk2f rake from farish on the wish list for literally year's now and still neither model's released). 

But here's to hoping there is some progress in the near future. 

All the best

Dave

2 hours ago, cornish trains jez said:

So has the tooling started then Stu?

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I honestly don’t know....only Mike and Ben can answer that.

But things are definitely moving the right way.

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Apologies over lack of updates, but there hasn't been a huge amount to say.

The factory now producing the 321 has been analysing the existing CAD and, where necessary, amending to suit its own house "style" and completing some areas that hadn't quite been finished.  This is largely around the internals.

It's Chinese New Year today, as it happens, so they are about half way through what is usually a two-week shut down.  We are expecting the final CAD to be sent very soon after CNY so we can sign it off and then tooling will begin.

Experience tells me it's reckless to make firm promises on time, but I'd be very surprised if tooling isn't underway within the next month or so.

It HAS been a frustrating wait for us too, but we are nearly there!

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, Ben A said:

Hello all,

Apologies over lack of updates, but there hasn't been a huge amount to say.

The factory now producing the 321 has been analysing the existing CAD and, where necessary, amending to suit its own house "style" and completing some areas that hadn't quite been finished.  This is largely around the internals.

It's Chinese New Year today, as it happens, so they are about half way through what is usually a two-week shut down.  We are expecting the final CAD to be sent very soon after CNY so we can sign it off and then tooling will begin.

Experience tells me it's reckless to make firm promises on time, but I'd be very surprised if tooling isn't underway within the next month or so.

It HAS been a frustrating wait for us too, but we are nearly there!

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

Many thanks for updating us all and its nice to know that the model is still progressing. Look forward to seeing the first tooling!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Mike Harvey said:

Progress report on these units with photos has been published:-

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/321-countdown-on/?fbclid=IwAR3xyo70gX7b12_gTpP3x7ue7K0ecS0zvR7jUg8O1K0e9ALXgEJE1LQBatI

Assembled model to be at TINGS next month.

Hurrah! I  can't even remember now what I ordered. They were for a layout project that has long been forgotten but might get reinstated..

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/news/

The photos of the model look absolutely stunning. Thanks to everyone involved for all the effort that's gone in so far to make this one happen. Can't wait for them to turn up in the post and give them a run on the layout.

All the best

Dave

And with the 319 now showing in EP as well it looks like Christmas is coming for those modelling the WCML

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jack,

The destination blinds will be printed and backlit - a working dot matrix is a little beyond us in this scale!  

The specific destinations will be appropriate to the livery of course.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, TomE said:

Who’d have thought we’d see not one but two Mk.3 EMUs in RTR form! 

The 320/321 is looking superb, even in EP1 form. A credit to Sonic & RevolutioN! 

04CDF2C2-44DD-47FC-A44B-EEFA18EB5B10.jpeg.39fb0540a5526c1fbe4718ae11f70ceb.jpeg

06243E2B-17B5-4D72-9785-9F4E16D09F35.jpeg.674ce384598ca34f4a33408b37e945c1.jpeg

Tom. 

Didn't know Sonic were involved with this project too.

Looking good. Any images of the Pendolino below it?

Cheers!

10 hours ago, Ben A said:

The destination blinds will be printed and backlit - a working dot matrix is a little beyond us in this scale!  

They said an N Gauge Pendolino couldn't be done!

Where's your sense of adventure and pushing the boundaries in N gone :jester:

How about those internal passenger information scrolling information screens showing the stops on a service 

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Looking good. Any images of the Pendolino below it?

Hi, There was an image posted by RailGooner on the NGF yesterday, only a small part of the image:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/gallery/81/5427-140919192608-814871789.jpeg

but on enlargement, the description card reads:

Test print of “flowing silk” motif, not full deco sample.

Order book expected to open for new versions Q4 2019 for delivery Q3 2020.

Regards, Gerry.

• Thanks 2

Have to say from someone who has raised concerns with this project in the past was very re-assuring and pleasing to see the EP at TINGS over the weekend - looks absolutely fabulous and am hopefully a few of the other liveries (or additional running numbers) make it over the line as certainly interested in ordering a few more.