Revolution Ben

Hi Gang,

If Kernow have concrete information that the Strathclyde one has made the cut ( the issue of a stock number is hopeful), then that is most excellent news.

It means now that I need to alter/ tidy up my orders with Revolution to get the best mix of Saltire and Strathclyde 320s, sort one or two with sound and ditch the 321 from the order as the interim version sent to Scotland before conversion to 320.

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

4 hours ago, Stu from EGDL said:

Hi Gang,

If Kernow have concrete information that the Strathclyde one has made the cut ( the issue of a stock number is hopeful), then that is most excellent news.

It means now that I need to alter/ tidy up my orders with Revolution to get the best mix of Saltire and Strathclyde 320s, sort one or two with sound and ditch the 321 from the order as the interim version sent to Scotland before conversion to 320.

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

On the Kernow website it says the SPTE orange version will only proceed if there are enough orders, likewise the Silverlink 321, so it doesn't appear to be definite that these are going ahead yet. Fingers crossed they do as I'm sure a lot of people buying an orange 320 will also want an orange 314.

2 hours ago, Clay Country said:

On the Kernow website it says the SPTE orange version will only proceed if there are enough orders, likewise the Silverlink 321, so it doesn't appear to be definite that these are going ahead yet. Fingers crossed they do as I'm sure a lot of people buying an orange 320 will also want an orange 314.

Revolution has confirmed that on their website today.

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/3-2-1-its-the-final-countdown/

Fingers crossed the SPTE Orange version get through.

Keith

• Like 1

FAO Mike,

The livery change button is not currently working ( Edit - NOW FIXED)!

I may have some other order changes above what you have specified. (Eg 321 to 320 change of order)

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

Edited by Stu from EGDL

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Just for clarity neither Strathclyde PTE or Silverlink are confirmed but unlike Northern, FCC and plain white they are still in the running.

Full explanation on our website, with explanation of how the twin deadlines will work, and we’ll be explaining (and answering questions) in our Facebook Live on Tuesday evening at 1900.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
Just now, toolongtoremember said:

Whats peopled guess for production date now we know? :D

The order deadline is 20 Sept so that we can start production - we announced that on our website sometime ago. You can check that sort of thing very quickly by clicking on Projects for an overview of any deadlines that we’ve set. We start production as soon as the order book closes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, red death said:

The order deadline is 20 Sept so that we can start production - we announced that on our website sometime ago. You can check that sort of thing very quickly by clicking on Projects for an overview of any deadlines that we’ve set. We start production as soon as the order book closes. 

Ah yes, I see, Q2/3 of next year. Thanks! 

14 hours ago, red death said:

When will be contacted about orders for liveries which aren't going ahead? 

My original order included one in First Great Eastern, with a second choice of Plain White. Neither of which is going ahead! Presumably I have the option to switch to a different livery, or cancel and get a refund on that deposit (or put it towards final payment on models that are going ahead?)

J

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Justin

As our my reply on email - we have to sort out any changes in order to submit the PO to start production (deadline for orders is 20/9).  We’ve set up a form on our website for people to make changes to orders where necessary: https://www.revolutiontrains.com/3-2-1-its-the-final-countdown/ (ignore any reference to needing to do that by 30/8 - that was to establish if Strathclyde Orange and Silverlink could go ahead).

If you have a second choice livery that is going ahead (and your first choice isn’t) then you will automatically get your second choice (unless you tell us otherwise).

Any refunds will be after 20/9.

On the plain white / undecorated versions - we’re definitely able to offer one or the other.  We’re still working with the factory to establish exactly the level of painting that will be possible - as a minimum it will likely have common parts eg cab front and windows painted. The bodyshells are likely to be either plain plastic or in a light primer colour. We’re also discussing level of assembly to try and make it as easy as possible for people to repaint eg can we supply the glazing painted but unfitted etc.

NB the form doesn’t allow a change from a 321 to 320 or 320 to 321 - we can do that but it is a more manual adjustment as it involves a change in price as well as livery!

I’ll be sending out a newsletter detailing all this during this week.

Cheers Mike

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi David,

I am not 100% happy with the colour of the Silverlink unit; it seems especially variable with light conditions.

For example:

Purple in bright light: 

Silverlink 321409 & 321410

Bluer in overcast conditions: 

R8953.  Class 321 at Milton Keynes.

Close up: 

Silverlink Nameplate

(All photos linked from Flickr)

Rough painted 321 shells for colour checking:

IMG_7942.jpg.88e3c8a1b1cfcc210d2f7a5a50df333b.jpg

My view is our model (although specified RAL violet-blue) is a little too blue, and the green is a shade dark, and we are going to amend this.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, red death said:

On the plain white / undecorated versions - we’re definitely able to offer one or the other.  We’re still working with the factory to establish exactly the level of painting that will be possible - as a minimum it will likely have common parts eg cab front and windows painted. The bodyshells are likely to be either plain plastic or in a light primer colour. We’re also discussing level of assembly to try and make it as easy as possible for people to repaint eg can we supply the glazing painted but unfitted etc.

Hi Mike, 

I understood this version had been culled due to lack of interest, is that in correct? I would purchase a 321  in primer to paint into Northern if you can confirm that it is going ahead.

Cheers

Duncan

I also thought the plain version had been pulled so that is great to hear.

After repainting a Dapol DVT recently and pulling my hair out trying to re-insert the tiny fibre-optic light guides (and then snapping one of the tiny, fragile wires forcing me to get the soldering iron out), hearing that ease of re-assembly is being considered at this stage is music to my ears!

• 11 months later...