Prototype HST announced for N

mikeharvey22

• RMweb Premium

Fantastic! I thought this was "in abeyance".

Thats the 00 gauge version you are thinking of.....

However if sales are good in N then it might help influence those behind said 00 gauge model to re-start their efforts

• RMweb Premium

There seems to have been some increase in price (understandably so) since first announced. 

£150 for the Loco pack (both locos)

£120 for the 1st coach pack (4 coaches)

£120 for the 2nd coach pack (4 coaches)

£50 for the catering coach pack (2 coaches)

Total for the whole lot £440. 

It's not a model that I will be ordering, and not one that I ever intended to as it falls well outside of my modelling period, but I suspect that it will sell out quickly. 

There seems to have been some increase in price (understandably so) since first announced. 

£150 for the Loco pack (both locos)

£120 for the 1st coach pack (4 coaches)

£120 for the 2nd coach pack (4 coaches)

£50 for the catering coach pack (2 coaches)

Total for the whole lot £440. 

It's not a model that I will be ordering, and not one that I ever intended to as it falls well outside of my modelling period, but I suspect that it will sell out quickly. 

Are those official prices? I have been looking for them

Yes, direct from the Dapol website. 

Thanks, I'm still not seeing any prices...

The first link is for when the HST was operating with the Derby Reasearch centre on its trains and the APT-P

The second link is the HST in its prototype livery reversed blue grey

Any pictures? I'm afraid you explanation hasn't quite helped me out yet.

• RMweb Premium

post-163-0-70508300-1536423831_thumb.jpg

I've highlighted the price on the page. It is in the same place on all the other product pages for this. 

Thanks, I'm still not seeing any prices...

Any pictures? I'm afraid you explanation hasn't quite helped me out yet.

Thanks...though the request for a picture wasn't aimed at you, as you can see I quote woodenhead's post for that.

PS: Just to show people what I see.......

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

weird, I see the same as MGR Hooper - Chrome and Win10 logging in in Germany, but on an Android smartphone I see prices

es grüßt

pc

Edited by Padishar Creel

I've just noticed that the prototype is back on the table- very interesting. Do people think the livery of the model (the mainline testing period one rather than research era) will be with post-TOPS 252001 on the ends or the original with just 41001/2 on power cars?

I really hope this gets sufficient numbers to get the go ahead for production.

I want to make two points - constructive comments hopefully!

1. I do wonder if the planned coach packs (four open saloons in each, two first, two second) will put some buyers off because to represent the typical 2+7 formation (2x TF, TRUK, TS, TRSB, 2x TS) you will have 3 spare coaches left over at what works out to be £30 per coach, ie £90 worth of likely unused stock. I can think of uses for some of these spare coaches (repaints etc), and some will be on-sold, but the hassle of this may put some buyers off.

2. Will the “loco-hauled type roof” with 3 roe-vac ventilators be made available as a separate item. Please??!! Preferably with the same fixing arrangements as the existing Mk3 HST roofs, so that we can retrospectively add these to our exiting loco hauled Mk3a coaches.

Looking forward to these models if and when they come.

Cheers

Tom.

Edited by tiger

While the 2+7 formation was used on the WR, for other testing they had different comibinations and numbers of coaches. Why should the rest of us have to align with WR modellers?

True. I plan to model the Prototype HST during its time on the ECML so perhaps I should be bemoaning the lack of RTR Mk1 buffet car in reverse blue and grey running on BT5 bogies...

However I am not aware of many (if any) occasions when the formation was 2+8 with 4 TF and 4 TS. I just wonder whether coaching stock packs of 3 trailers in each might have been more economical for potential buyers (potentially encouraging more people to put in the expression of interest and thus increasing the likelihood of the model going ahead) whilst still letting people model most of the formations which ran during testing and in service.

Only my (probably flawed) opinion though.

Cheers

Tom.

Edited by tiger