Prototype HST announced for N

mikeharvey22

21 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

As @Steadfast says, the corridor connections are removable. @Robert Shrives has been in touch with me and if all goes well We'll be able to get some 3D printed replacement ends for you'll.

Cheers!

That's quite an offer - thanks @MGR Hooper!, @Steadfast and @Robert Shrives. I'll have to take another look at my Dapol Mk3's to work out how to remove the corridor connections.

Cheers

Tom.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi,

On the Dapol Digest https://digest.Dapol.co.uk/forum/n-gauge-models/diesel/class-41-hst-p/project-managers-blog-ak/9122-it-s-on-the-way :

Andy Dapol 

It's on the way!

3 hours ago

Expected in Chirk within the next 3-4 weeks our HST-P will start shipping to customers shortly afterwards. Please check our website etc. for further information.

With links to two videos of production samples:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AIhHNtOJbk2du2M&cid=9002AEF2FFA48391&id=9002AEF2FFA48391!116662&parId=9002AEF2FFA48391!979&o=OneUp

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AKjjTF48T0emmnI&cid=9002AEF2FFA48391&id=9002AEF2FFA48391!116644&parId=9002AEF2FFA48391!979&o=OneUp

Fast and slow run-by respectively.

Regards,Gerry.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, cornish trains jez said:

They look impressive, I have one on pre-order. I haven't received any notification from Dapol though. Has anyone esle?

Best regards,

Jeremy

Nothing received yet, until I saw this I'd forgotten I'd ordered a set. I would think well hear from them in the next few weeks for payment/delivery address etc. 

• RMweb Premium

I'd forgotten I had pre-ordered this. Oops. That'll be expensive.

I hope that as the 'pre-order' isn't actually an order and more of an expression of interest that Dapol don't have the bottom fall out with people backing out at the last moment. Having a few hundred sitting around for a HST-P rake might not be realistic right now.

(Although people shouldn't overstretch themselves for a model)

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, philiprporter said:

Hi Jeremy hope you are well? I can see the total amount in my account on the Dapol website but can't see any means of actually paying it? Am I being dim?!!

I received an email from Dapol with a link to payment and was able to pay after clicking the link.

• Agree 1

Not sure what order they're being processed in then because I ordered mine very close to the cut off time on the 31st Jan and received my invoice yesterday. 

Also realised I had my home address on my account so replied to the payment request email asking to change to my work address. No reply so didn't expect it to be changed, but whoever is packing them obviously got the message as the tracking info for DPD is to work rather than home. Just hope the issue with people getting departmental rather than passenger livery power cars is sorted.

• Like 1