Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

It was a really enjoyable evening, with plenty of great photos and chat, as you'd expect, Mick was on his useful form!!

Great news that you've been invited back for next year and I'm sure you already have plenty of material without having to scout ebay for even more material!

Sorry that you can't make it to Donny, but thanks very much for an enjoyable evening,

Cheers

Andy

Just browsing this week and found that the old H&BR had what looked like a terminus station in Wath upon Dearne. Again, over the state line. My father lived there as a lad, and once remarked about Wath having had three stations, quite remarkable for a village, and he also mentioned the red, green and brown engines to be seen. He was born in 1914.

Just browsing this week and found that the old H&BR had what looked like a terminus station in Wath upon Dearne. Again, over the state line. My father lived there as a lad, and once remarked about Wath having had three stations, quite remarkable for a village, and he also mentioned the red, green and brown engines to be seen. He was born in 1914.

Jeff, a photo' and the signalling.

post-702-0-60839000-1518349962_thumb.jpg

post-702-0-45998500-1518350049_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I am an occasional follower of this thread having only ever been to Hull twice.

On my second visit in 1984 I took a few photos on my brief visit.

post-7081-0-19414200-1518352270_thumb.jpg

Having been released off an incoming service 31439 leaves the platform, while 31423 waits to depart from platform 10, 6/9/84

cheers

Edited by Rivercider
  • Like 11

As a former Driffield lad,I'm loving the images which are kindly posted on this thread. I wonder, does anyone have a shot of the former WR Class 14 Teddy Bears on the daily trip freight out to Brid?  I remember them so well, but photos are like gold dust.

Thanks

Steve

As a former Driffield lad,I'm loving the images which are kindly posted on this thread. I wonder, does anyone have a shot of the former WR Class 14 Teddy Bears on the daily trip freight out to Brid?  I remember them so well, but photos are like gold dust.

Thanks

Steve

That's still on my wish list to see as well Steve,that and any of the convoys of them making their way up to Hull.

Rob

• Like 1

Clive, has the attached shows, the wagons were "Branded", or at least some of them. I don't exactly know when they were introduced on this particular service, but lat '50's seems resonable.

Photograph, The Rev David Benson.

attachicon.gifWILMINGTON BRIDGE 1967.jpg

Cambridge Custom Transfers do the transfer for the Hessle Quarry 24.5 toners.

• 3 weeks later...

Found these while looking for something else. 

2 steam images are from open day at Dairycoates 1/91 (says on the back) 

The other one is rubbish, don't even have the loco numbers but it does show the immigration platform and the rear of the station, in Hull, for immigrants on their way west. 

The station building is listed and currently a pub The Lair I think. 

Apparently 2.2 million migrants used Hull station from circa 1836 until 1914. They were kept separate (hence open platforms outside Paragon) for ???public health issues and the trains were run entirely separate too

post-16796-0-48959700-1521383887_thumb.jpeg

post-16796-0-27357500-1521383918_thumb.jpeg

Edited by DOCJACOB
  • Like 9