Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Premium

I might just be able to attend this one, nothing to clash with it - at the moment!

See you there Mick (hopefully).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 21:37, micknich2003 said:

Rob, many thanks for the kind words. Anyone else who attends, please introduce yourself, I don't bite and I am saving my annual bath for that afternoon.

Mick (or anyone else), is there a car park at the Carnegie Heritage Centre, or suitable one nearby?

Thanks in anticipation.

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, micknich2003 said:

Ian, plenty of parking space in the adjoining park etc.

Thanks Mick, is that the KCOM stadium car park or am I looking at the wrong place?

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, micknich2003 said:

I was ref to West Park, the Carnegie is at the corner of Walton Street and Anlaby Road, if you was driving from Paragon, the venue is bottom of the flyover to your right.

Thanks Mick. I'm coming from the "west" via M62. Now got location fixed in Google maps so should find it okay.

Cheers.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mick,

Many thanks for the presentation last night, very interesting and informative. As a visitor to Hull, I actually found myself looking out for a couple of features/landmarks on my way home!

8 minutes ago, iands said:

Hi Mick,

Many thanks for the presentation last night, very interesting and informative. As a visitor to Hull, I actually found myself looking out for a couple of features/landmarks on my way home!

Dear Ian, thanks for your kind words, I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit. Best Wishes, Mick.

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, Mick. I wish to thank you, too, for the talk you gave last night. As always, it was informative, entertaining and illustrated with some excellent photo’s. I’m already looking forward to another one, hopefully later this year.

Best regards,

Rob.

2 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Good afternoon, Mick. I wish to thank you, too, for the talk you gave last night. As always, it was informative, entertaining and illustrated with some excellent photo’s. I’m already looking forward to another one, hopefully later this year.

Best regards,

Rob.

Dear Rob, it was nice to see you last night and I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed the pictures.

If you and others want further shows I respectfully suggest you contact Liz Shepherd direct via the Carnegie History Centre website.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mick,

excellent and informative talk, as always!! I've sent you some mails hopefully with some photos you've not seen, any problems with them just let me know,

Cheers

Andy

3 hours ago, Andy 53B said:

Hi Mick,

excellent and informative talk, as always!! I've sent you some mails hopefully with some photos you've not seen, any problems with them just let me know,

Cheers

Andy

Dear Andy, many thanks for the kind words, I'm pleased you enjoyed it. Many thanks for the pictures, I'm working through them. Yours, Mick.

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Tonight I have a photo’ by Paul Glazzard, courtesy of the Creative Commons Licence, of a bridge called Chalk Bridge, which is situated on the Beverley to Market Weighton line, near to Kipling Cotes station. It was simply there to carry a farm track over the line. The run of telegraph poles used to be on the right of the photo’, and, certainly until recently, it was possible to find old pot insulators from the poles. The photo’ was taken on the 27th March, 2008.

6F622B3D-E492-46F2-8623-5E17EAFB3B36.jpeg.a0a17b7b5b7466c5dfaffff1e8f278c0.jpeg

The view is looking towards Beverley.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/07/2019 at 22:16, micknich2003 said:

Springhead erecting shop c1925.

Erecting shop Springhead .jpg

This is a very puzzling picture. The locomotive at bottom left is D22 number 115 (ex-NER Class F), a 4-coupled engine, but the rods on the floor beside it are from an 8-coupled engine - you wouldn't want to drag those rods very far! Hopefully this means the locomotive next to it is a H&B Q10?

• Like 1