Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

11 hours ago, russ p said:

Excellent pictures,  I wonder where else they got to. Obviously with a pair it requires two drivers but if a they got to Healey mills makes me wonder if they ever got to york or Doncaster as Hull men would have signed these locations. 

Always surprised me they never fitted 14s with multiple working equipment.  Not sure if they had a mechanical throttle but other classes with that have had it fitted 03/04 and 13 being basically 2x08

A few got to Donny for tyre turning and one even got to Donny works for a power unit change. 

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, 45125 said:

A few got to Donny for tyre turning and one even got to Donny works for a power unit change. 

Never seen any pictures of that but there is a lot things that weren't photographed.  

When you think though at the the time they were virtually brand new locos. 

You wonder if before they were done away with if BR had already sorted with BSC and NCB to take them on if not they may hay been around on BR for a while later

1 hour ago, Market65 said:

Well, tonight I have a photo’ of Sledmere and Fimber station on the one time Malton and Driffield line. It’s by Woolwinder on Flickr. No date for the photo’, but maybe the mid 1950’s.

15997960118_270861d5cd_k.jpgSledmere & Fimber Station by Woolwinder, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

Rob, I have the same print in my collection and which I'm pretty sure is credited and dated, but from memory c1955 sounds right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick, for that excellent photo’ of 43079 at Springbank South on a football special.

Tonight, I have a photo’ by Syd Young on Flickr of Hull Paragon station on the 28th May, 1978. It shows much, including several classes of first generation DMU’s. I’m not sure if the class 123 unit with the tail lamp is on a shunting move, or is arriving from, for example, Leeds.

15812367088_c42c5a0557_b.jpgParagon, 1970s Style by Syd Young, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Market65 said:

Thank you, Mick, for that excellent photo’ of 43079 at Springbank South on a football special.

Tonight, I have a photo’ by Syd Young on Flickr of Hull Paragon station on the 28th May, 1978. It shows much, including several classes of first generation DMU’s. I’m not sure if the class 123 unit with the tail lamp is on a shunting move, or is arriving from, for example, Leeds.

15812367088_c42c5a0557_b.jpgParagon, 1970s Style by Syd Young, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

It's got a tail lamp on it so would probably be arriving.

Jamie

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 13/06/2020 at 10:27, micknich2003 said:

Ian, have you yet discovered the error on the Springbank North drawing?

Hi Mick,

Finally had a chance to look at the Springbank North drawing. Is the error that the "slots" for 22 and 24 signals are left blank and the signal arms "coloured in" - should be the other way round?

With regards to the footbridge issue, one thought on the drawings in your book having so many errors, could it be that the drawings used for the book were "first drafts/proposals" (ironically perhaps in error) instead of using "agreed/proofed/signed off " copies? I know from personal experience that incorrect version of drawings, documents, etc., sometimes get "issued" inadvertently.

Dear Ian, here is one of the errors, the nomenclature is obviously wrong.

The original book is one of several issued to the railway's officers, they are of high quality, leather bound and lettered with gold leaf. My copy was once the property of Mathew Stirling the Locomotive Superintendent/Engineer.

10 SPRINGBANK NORTH.jpg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, micknich2003 said:

Dear Ian, here is one of the errors, the nomenclature is obviously wrong.

The original book is one of several issued to the railway's officers, they are of high quality, leather bound and lettered with gold leaf. My copy was once the property of Mathew Stirling the Locomotive Superintendent/Engineer.

10 SPRINGBANK NORTH.jpg

Thanks Mick.

My thoughts on the use of "first draft" copies of drawings in your book is bunkum then, given the previous ownership of you copy and its other obvious "qualities".

Dear Ian, further to our comments about errors, a common one is the presentation of an actual signal, for example the Direction signals at Springbank North are drawn as Balanced Brackets. In fact, and although they did not actually span the track they were constructed as "Bridges", see the attached photo'. To further confuse matters, a photo' of the Up Direction Distants exists, and this a 3 Doll balanced bracket.

H&B Bracket 3 doll at SBN HB 37 38 40  G.jpg

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

That’s most interesting about those signals, Mick, and thank you for posting the photo’ of the signal bridge too. Tonight I have a photo’ by Woolwinder on Flickr, of a two car, refurbished, class 114, Derby Heavyweight DMU at Nafferton, on the 18th August, 1980.

15559637236_9a93f08c98_k.jpgDMU Nafferton 18/08/1980 by Woolwinder, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, Mick. That’s a good photo’ of Barmby signal box, and it’s inclusion in the thread is quite ok since it’s on the H&BR.

Now, this evening I have another photo’ from Woolwinder on Flickr, this time of 37046, on another locomotive hauled service, this time to Bridlington from Hull. 

15545550741_49139cce24_k.jpg37046 Driffield 24/12/1979 by Woolwinder, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, Mick. That’s a good photo’ of Barmby signal box, and it’s inclusion in the thread is quite ok since it’s on the H&BR.

Now, this evening I have another photo’ from Woolwinder on Flickr, this time of 37046, on another locomotive hauled service, this time to Bridlington from Hull. 

15545550741_49139cce24_k.jpg37046 Driffield 24/12/1979 by Woolwinder, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

That photo and the one of 31108 depict the use of trailer from Pennine and Mini Pennines when their was a shortage of DMUs.

Al Taylor.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Tonight I have a further photo’ by Philip Wheldale on Flickr, this time of a railtour, on the 23rd September, 1978. It is taken at Alexandra Dock, Hull. The details being train 1G31, from Hull Paragon to Hull Paragon via all the remaining Hull branch lines.

14924900792_3ef4a7313a_b.jpgDMU by Philip Wheldale, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Well, everyone, tonight, I have a photo’ by Paul Haywood on Flickr, of Bridlington, showing the excursion platforms with two class 110’s in multiple at platform eight, and another class 110 at platform seven. The date is about August, 1975.

14463275004_3c613bffa4_6k.jpgBridlington by Paul Haywood, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Market65 said:

Well, everyone, tonight, I have a photo’ by Paul Haywood on Flickr, of Bridlington, showing the excursion platforms with two class 110’s in multiple at platform eight, and another class 110 at platform seven. The date is about August, 1975.

14463275004_3c613bffa4_6k.jpgBridlington by Paul Haywood, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

I didn't realise those platforms were in use so late. Scary to think the young couple on the platform will be around 70 now! 

• Agree 2